Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 325gr Hornaday Login/Join

one of us
posted
I own a couple of 45-70s When I first got them I brought a 460gr mold and that is all I shot.

Over the years I have ended with a bit of brass as I thought, I am not going to shoot any factory in them.

I couple of days ago I had a chance to pick up 2 cases 400 rounds of Hornaday 325gr LEVERevolution.

At a price well below whole sale.

Just shot up most of a box sighting in my Ruger No.3 with it guess I will not need to be loading 45-70 for some time

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good deal on ammo!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I have shot lots of that leverevolution in my 45/70 s and you will have to separate the brass because it is a little shorter.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
I have shot lots of that leverevolution in my 45/70 s and you will have to separate the brass because it is a little shorter.

Ok I will but most likely that well be someone's else problem.

As I don't see myself burning that many rounds up in my 45-70s.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Let us know what you think of that bullet if you use it on game, p dog.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I seen in gel testing is it should work great.

Good expansion and great penetration in the 30 inch range.

It well work good on game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A guy I work with shot a cow moose with that round about a week ago, one shot, down it went. He was happy to say the least, so am I, he brought back a bunch of meat and can't possibly eat it all.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote