THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Great closeout prices on big bore ammo

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great closeout prices on big bore ammo Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If these are legit prices they are insanely low. I don't think you can even buy 505 Gibbs or 500 Jeffrey brass for this low. Hope this helps someone feed a beast.

http://www.corbon.com/corboncart/close-out-specials

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Good prices but keep in mind, these are boxes of 10 rounds in the big bore calibers.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sid, thanks...I ordered $700 worth :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I got some .416 Rigby. Great deal.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
JB, I reckon that deal made your day! Thanks again Sid.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good grief Biebs that's gonna induce a recoil headache flame

Glad to know you guys are getting a good deal and I wish this was the norm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headache coming my way

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up

Posts: 428 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 05 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Bought some 404.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
A big thanks! 375,416,500NE,505

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip!

The .500 NE, .505 Gibbs, and .500 Jeffery are good deals compared to the cost of brass (if you can even find it these days). If I didn't already have 100 rounds of .500 NE and .505 Gibbs, I would have been very tempted. Smiler

I ordered 100 rounds of .500 Jeffery (70 soft points and 30 solids), but was told after I'd already been charged that they were out of soft points and would either refund my money or substitute solids.

Even loaded with solids, each round is cheaper than I could get the brass for, so I figure it's free target practice and I can reload with my own favorite soft points later.

Posts: 411 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking after having seen some of the bras prices. I have no idea how good CorBon brass is but they are a top flight ammo maker so I would expect quality stuff. I really like the look of their solids to.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
The .416 Rigby I received has Jamison brass; a guy I know bought some .404 Jeff and it was in Norma brass.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
.505 is Jamison. I can shoot it and sell the Brass and come out even

Question: How long will .505 brass last?

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered some of Corbon's ammo in 374 and 416 Rigby. Nice looking ammo. Has anyone used the DPX or the solids? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't buy brass for those prices.

Posts: 2827 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This isn't the first time I've bought a pile of ammo for a caliber I don't own yet ....

I would have picked up some 404 Jeff too, but I already have a bunch of brass and this looks to be loaded at the more traditional 2150 level and down from what I've been shooting for the last few years. Still may talk myself into another order.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They both are mono metal bullet. DPX looks like a triple shock and solid on .505 look like a huge chunk of metal. If function follows form they should work. In any case I am not worried about it. Haven't got my .505 back yet but the flat solid in .458 lott feeds great in my AHR tuned rifle

quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
I ordered some of Corbon's ammo in 374 and 416 Rigby. Nice looking ammo. Has anyone used the DPX or the solids? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'm sure the bullets will work as advertised.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a bunch of ammo.

One thing to remember in buying this ammo is that it is boxes of 10 NOT standard boxes of 20. Still, a hell of a deal.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheapest .505 I have ever seen

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an old thread but I checked it out anywsy and just bought some 416rem and 500ne for very good prices.

Posts: 147 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:

I bought the 505 Gibbs ammo and do not even own one. Great price.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Loaded up with .375 Flanged Magnum and .500 Nitro solids. Luckily, my rifles shoot them just fine.

BTW, Corbon makes a wonderful hunting load for the 7.62x39. In my CZ5227 they never seem to not touch each other. Funny, but that little rifle with the Corbon ammo is the most accurate of all the rifles I have. And its equal to a super flat shooting .30/30... good to go out to 150 yards or so.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7536 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey! I tried to buy more and they were sold out. It must be your fault!
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:

I bought the 505 Gibbs ammo and do not even own one. Great price.

White Mountains Arizona