New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kynoch Ammo Value? Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I posted in the cartridge collecting forum asking about the potential value of some Kynoch ammo that a buddy recently acquired. Not much traffic there so I thought I'd ask here as well since some of the ammo is for big bores.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...4321043/m/9071093062

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I asked about some Kynoch ammo and got no comments in the collector's forum. I would think someone would give you a price for them. Looks to be some properly stored ammo. I have some 9X56 Steyr M/S ammo. I thought someone might buy them or at least help me with the valuation of them. At this point I don't think I will shoot them. But I'll just keep them as I have a fine shooting rifle and am set up to reload for them. Some of your ammo is used in current made guns. Maybe someone will want it for shooting or collecting. I wish you luck, Be Well, Packy

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
You can check on Gunbroker and Guns International for comparables. Prices might be a bit high, but they will give you an idea of where to start.

Also, the value of Kynoch ammunition can vary, often to a significant extent, based on when and by which iteration of "Kynoch" it was manufactured.

For vintage Kynoch ammunition (as opposed to the modern variety manufactured by Kynamco Limited), that can be determined based on information, including the date code, that is printed and stamped on the back of the box.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote