THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Where to get Dies and Reamer for 458 Ultra Mag?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get Dies and Reamer for 458 Ultra Mag? Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I did a search and all the old posts from the last two decades point to dead ends.

I need the full length version, nothing shortened, just a 375 Ultra Mag necked up to 458.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Posts: 132 | Location: Inola, OK | Registered: 08 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Too easy; chamber with a piloted 375 R reamer. Neck and throat with most any 458 reamer.

Posts: 17090 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back around 2010 I bought one from Midway.

Be sure to get one with the changeable pilot.

One I got was a .300RUM, it's tricky doings
but I turned a .358" collar for mine.

Much like turning the center band on an ink pen.

Had the barrel by the lathe to check the fit with. Once it was done, parted it off the shaft.

Once you have one, you can make or have someone make the collar for any RUM barrel.

I'm sure the price has changed by now, seems like I paid around $168 for it. Then while I was sick and out of the house some sticky fingered bastard stole it and a bunch of other stuff.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It is not tricky; it is straightforward machining to make reamer pilots. I make them out of brass. I have RUM reamers.

Posts: 17090 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote