THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    NF Bullets - Going Out of Business - 30% Sale until September 1st

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NF Bullets - Going Out of Business - 30% Sale until September 1st Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To All of Our Great Customers,

I am sad to say, that I have decided to shut down North Fork. Our last day of operation will be September 1st. It has become increasingly harder to compete with copper prices soaring, the anti-hunting press, and us aging handloaders.

I will be placing a 30% off on all remaining stock. If it is not on the website, we don’t have it, and we are not going to make it. May have some seconds for those I have placed in a bad situation with any up coming hunts. Send me an email (john@northforkbullets.com) and I will see what I can do.

Thanks for the last 11 years. It has been a great experience and I have met some really great people. We bought the business to learn instead of going to MBA school. In 2008, we figured we could throwaway our money more effectively than Wall Street, and learn more from it. Along the way, we have met serious hunters and great people who have the same passion as us both in hunting and guns. It has been a good run, and I now have a deeper understanding of how a small business is run and those that support it.

This decision did not come easily, and we have been holding on as long as we could hoping for a little luck. I am grateful for all the fun times, and those that I have personally met.

Please email me with any concerns, stories, bitches, etc you want to share.

Regards,
John

www.northforkbullets.com
POB 850
Philomath, OR 97370
(541) 929-4016

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear this. Thank you for making some of the best bullets on the market. I will cherish the last of my bullets that I have.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27588 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Well that explains it....

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a shame. I hope someone decides to buy you out and continue.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Best to the team in the next endeavor...

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that John. I used your bullets on my last ele bull hunt. They were fantastic.

Wishing you the best going forward.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn! I used your bullets on elephant and buffalo with perfect results.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Small business is tough business. There is no more difficult small business than in the shooting world.
We have a great little gun shop that has been around for 20 years going under. All it took was for the cessation of binge buying when Mr. Obama left office and Ms. Clinton did not take it over.
I would bet that this over demand thus over supplied market is affecting many others.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this as well. I was always proud of your outfit, having lived in Philomath as a kid in the 1950s.
Hope all involved land on their feet.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.
I still have founder Mike Brady's bullets on hand, saved for serious work.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...1043/m/284105429/p/1
This is a sad sign of the times.
North Fork bullets are impeccable.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear of it. Not only are the bullets great, but you guys have always been so helpful and generous with your time for questions and problems. Wonderful customer service.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How sad, for both you guys, and the users of your great products.

I really appreciated your heavy-for-caliber large bore excellent bullets.

Good luck to you, and as a previous poster stated, I hope you can sell the business to someone who will continue this great brand.

Fare well.

Posts: 2574 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear this.

We wish you all the best in whatever endeavor you do in the future.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66677 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful bullets. Always used them with great success.
Sorry to hear this news. Thank you for supporting our passion.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the very best going forward

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
This maybe stupid or genius. Have you considered Patreon?
Lots of youtube content providers use it to generate income. People sign up to give money on a regular basis to support the content provider. You provide a service and a product. people could sign up to support your business and in turn offer them raffle give away sir special member discounts. I think people who use your products want to see you around in the coming years to provide bullets and just support people who support their hobbies. Any thoughts from members here? Would you pay a few bucks a month to keep them afloat?

https://www.patreon.com/

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27588 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the explanation and for going out with class.
Fortunately, I have a good stock of your 300 grain bullets for my .405 WCF and use them only for tough game so they may outlast me.

Best of luck on your next business venture.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this, John ---
it's a crying shame how many good things are going to pass with our generation --
shooting and reloading
private pilots
motorcycles

and apparently everything fun and outside of the house.. or mom's basement

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38350 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of boxes left for my 500NE.One solids and one CPS.I will try them again in my double this coming week.I am thinking of using them the next time in Africa.Thanks for supplying us hunters and good luck with future projects.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang.

Saw this too late. None of the ones I use are still left.

Great product, too bad you can’t stay in business!

Posts: 10462 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, luckily, still have about $1,000 worth of NF bullets left in my supply. I just wish that I had bought more in .500 cal. They were awesome on Buffalo.

I believe that if we shooter/hunter were not so cheap NF would be thriving.

Expensive bullets are the best investment of the hunt. They can save hours and sometimes days of chasing a wounded animal around in the bush. They make an average shot like me look good and that's got to be worth something. I figure it cost about $100 more to get the best bullet for a hunt. In Canada, with all our "sin taxes" that the equivalent of 3 good cigars or 2 bottles of single malt scotch. (chuckle. I don't drink or smoke.)

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a shame, sorry to hear the news. I had a project coming up that was banking on NF bullets.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also hate to hear this - Northfork's were my favorite....

Posts: 219 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I field tested those bullets in their infancy and gave them a plus plus rating..I used them on about everything in Africa and on this side of the big water...The were are the best of bullets on game and they always shot well for me..Id buy all your stock except time has caught up with me and my yearly trip to Africa has come to pass...I still have enough to keep me prepped on elk behind my house in Idaho.

What a shame..Best of future projects..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41730 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I am partial to my 404 Jeffery, I will miss the NF 430 gr. .423 softs. Unlike Ray, I have a small supply of loaded ammo with these bullets in 404, so I will have to hoard them for Buffalo hunting only.

Damn shame to see NF going out of business. Great bullets. Sorry the hunting community didn't support you well enough to thrive.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
cbutler,
If you use the .458 NF FPS to shoot through ele heads, our bullet testing team found that the .458 Punch bullet did as well as the NF on a frontal brain shot - both shot through head and into body.
In our pre hunt tests, the Punch was the ONLY bullet to shoot completely through the 5/8 steel swinging test plate - and this was at .45-70 velocities at a range of 50 yards.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
Damn! I used your bullets on elephant and buffalo with perfect results.

Dave

That makes two of us,best bullets out there,I just got a call back from John,I am stocked up now Smiler,but hopefully they are not gone for ever!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY My favorite bullet for my 470NE, and my 9.3X74R doubles, and I only have two boxes left, so they will be horded for real hunting and not any target grouping, they have always shot perfect groups in my doubles!

………………………………………………... CRYBABY sorry to hear this!...……………………………………….Mac old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the NF’s for years, had 27 box’s of all calibers when Mike sold and always saved them for special hunts. Just ordered enough .358-.277-.264 to last my grandsons and great grandson a lifetime. The NF .416 soft and solids are very special and the .358 in 270 grain for our STA’s has been a real Elk bullet for my bunch. The 240 grain is truly phenomenal in my .340 Wby and .338 Lapua. Sad they are going out of business but glad I will have enough for my guys in their later years. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2340 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a grand bullet, but hey guys it ain't the end of the world, Today there are a lot of grand bullets to choose from, The partition and the bonded cores have changed the picture.. Kudos to todays bullet makers, they done good!! dancing

OH I forgot the monolithics that have taken the shooting world by storm, although Im not a big monolithic, they do work wonders on big mean critters, and have a tremendous following world wide..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41730 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And for me, it's not just the fact there are other great bullets on the market also, but the weights offered by NF as well.

Phurley5 already mentioned the 270 gr. 358 bullet and the 240 gr. 338 bullet that I think may be unique.

I love their 430 gr. 404 bullet (.423) for my Jeffery. It has a SD of .343, which is actually higher than a 500 gr. 458 bullet (341)! Yes, I can still get Woodleigh 450 gr. bullets, but I lose some velocity too. I thought the 430 gr. bullet perfect for me.

Paradise lost... Frowner

One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted Hide Post
Just a shame seeing the quality sides of the industry, like North Fork, close up shop whilst many a junk pistol or black rifle fly off the shelf. Hope the next phase of life for you guys is a great one, kudos for giving it a long hard shot.

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would imagine the market for these bullets and other similar bullets is very small and especially for 375 and up.

Look at the huge thread on the 458 Winchester. RIP has advocated the 458 with 3.6" magazine and bullets seated out is better than the 458 Lott. However, after that was all done a huge percentage of the posts are on bullets and they are light blow up bullets, cast bullets etc.

I think the vast majority of 375 and up are not bought for Africa/Alaska/NT Australia. Most will fire 99.9% of their shots at paper, water cans, deer, kangaroos, pigs, goats, rocks, trees etc.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
I would imagine the market for these bullets and other similar bullets is very small and especially for 375 and up.

Look at the huge thread on the 458 Winchester. RIP has advocated the 458 with 3.6" magazine and bullets seated out is better than the 458 Lott. However, after that was all done a huge percentage of the posts are on bullets and they are light blow up bullets, cast bullets etc.

I think the vast majority of 375 and up are not bought for Africa/Alaska/NT Australia. Most will fire 99.9% of their shots at paper, water cans, deer, kangaroos, pigs, goats, rocks, trees etc.

Mike,
I have over a thousand North Fork bullets on hand, mostly .458/450-grainers of soft and solid type.
Saving the best for later.

We are doing the "blow-up" bullets (Sierra ProHunter 300-grainer vaporizes at 2800 fps)
just for fun.
480 to 545-grain hardcast at 1400 to 2200 fps are not "blow-up."
Selous showed that he could kill anything in Africa with them, and cure his flinch in the process.
The Barnes TSX bullets from 300 to 500-grain weights at velocities from +2900 to +2300 fps respectively are not "blow-up" bullets.

450-grain North Forks in the .458 WIN at +2400 fps
surely do not blow-up.
It will be fun.
We have over 300 pages to go.
only on page 144 now.
Aiming for 461 pages since that is the size of cast bullet that works best in the .458 WIN, IMHO.
Selous used .461/540-grainers at BP velocities for elephant.
What a MAN!
Don't be a lurker on the .458 WIN love fest.
Would love to play nice with you there,
for THE MISSION of getting to 461 pages.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed!

Posts: 151 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 30 June 2013Reply With Quote