THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Does anyone know what happened to Neal Shirley (and the .550 Magnum)?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone know what happened to Neal Shirley (and the .550 Magnum)? Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Custom Brass & Bullets, which offered Neal's .550 Magnum brass and a decent selection of bullets has been down for quite some time. He used to call me after each order to ask me how I liked the .550 and thank me for my order. That's been several years now.

Qual Cartridge says more brass will be available if there's enough interest, and RCC brass is charging $9.18 ea.

Alaska Bullet Works and others don't seem to be offering .550" bullets any longer. Hawk apparently does (600-800 grain RN soft points are still listed on their web page).

Just curious if anyone knew what happened to Neal and Custom Brass & Bullets. The caliber never was hugely popular, so I'm sure it can't have been a big money maker, but it does seem to have dried up.

Just FYI, I have plenty of brass and loaded rounds. I was just looking to replenish my bullet selection. Wink

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Curious myself and suprised you havent had a reply yet.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I haven't talked to Neal in awhile .. i need to reach out. I do know he is a very busy outside of the sport world, as well

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38451 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Neal a few times in the last two weeks. He’s still alive and kickin’

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitterroot:
I talked to Neal a few times in the last two weeks. He’s still alive and kickin’
That's good to hear. Thanks Wayne!

BTW, I'll probably be contacting you in the near future about building another rifle or two.

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am alive and well.

RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’m alive and well. I have lots of bullets.

RNS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNS:
I’m alive and well. I have lots of bullets.

Your website link goes to a different site.

M

Posts: 1227 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I closed it

RNS

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
I closed it

Neal,

You should remove it from your signature here in your posts.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am alive and well. I have lots of bullets.

Very glad to hear it, Neal. Smiler

How can I get a list of which bullets you have available?