THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Granite Mountain .416 Rigby

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Granite Mountain .416 Rigby Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone here score the .416 at the Boise Cabelas yesterday on gunsinternational? Looked like the real deal. $6000! Listed yesterday and sold yesterday apparently. LOP was too short for me but ooooof!

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
Would this be the same gun?

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101632514

Nope. The one that sold on GI was $6K. Only 13 3/4” L.O.P. With a 1” pad.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. Seemingly great deal if it fit. Would have been a shame to put a slip on pad on it but I was tempted. :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack Haugh built a 416 and a 375 about 15 years ago. I got to watch them being stocked. They were 13-1/2” lop. Would be cool to score a $6K Haugh African rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I prefer my Granite Mountain .505 Gibbs Lon Paul built for me 10 years ago, with scope mount and receiver sight by Smithson.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a beauty.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Glad it sold for $6K, because at the original price of $12.5K, a Heym or Rigby would have been a better deal even for a little more.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend has one he's going to be selling, in 458 Lott...quarter rib, claw mounts, etc.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like everything about that stock except what looks like a spacer at the butt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that what that black object between the recoil pad and the stock wood is? Or is it a slip-on pad?

If the length of pull on that stock is 14", then the barrel length should be 20" by my calculations.

Where is going to be offered for sale?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a spacer. LOP is 13 3/4", barrel is 24". He'll probably ask me to sell it for him.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote