THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    BRNO ZKK-602 375 H&H New to me.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO ZKK-602 375 H&H New to me. Login/Join

posted
I have always wanted a .375 my brother bought this rife a decade ago and never shot it. I did a little horse trading with him and and now its mine!!

Totally unusable with Iron sights, heavy, not bedded, no cross bolts...

I sent it off to address these items, I am super happy with the results, see images below.
I have to credit http://www.rjrenner.com/

Mr. Renner does great work! Off the the range next week!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, very nice conversion....looks like a British safari rifle!

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Like Biebs says, It's a "racy" british safari rifle. now. Good job, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Will, very nice conversion....looks like a British safari rifle!

I Agree mission accomplished! Saving for my hunt now! Africa before 50! I’m thrilled with the results it’s hard to believe it’s the same gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a fine red head.

Posts: 10755 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
The pop-up peep sight in the rear scope mount that some of the Brnos came out with would have been nice to have. Nonetheless a very good conversion.

Posts: 3846 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dupe...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice transformation

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A really nice transformation, but may I suggest that if you are going to do without a scope, you might consider this as a more precise alternative to the open sights: https://www.newenglandcustomgu...detail.php?prod=4731, or another possibility would be the pop-up sight mentioned above, which is still available I believe, through a custom maker, whose name escapes me.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Personally I would scope it. Too versatile a rifle not to. Buff in thick cover or an impala at 200 yards can certainly be taken with open sights or a peep, but a 1x6 or 2x8 variable, hell even a straight 4x make most shooters much more comfortable with those shots...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But that stock is meant for barrel-sights use.
You will have to get rid of the fixed 100-yard leaf if you use that excellent NECG peep linked by xausa.
Get a $250 B&C Medalist stock for scope use, best thing since sliced bread.
Save that walnut for sights as is and Sunday-Go-To-Meeting show and tell.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a 1.5-5 vx3 Laying around that I was going to mount up with qd warne rings. My thinking was to scope it with said scope and have useable backup iron sights.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You will have a real "heads-up" display from the scope on a rifle stocked like that.
Warne used to make a "low" QD-lever ring for the CZ/BRNO.
Ocular bell of scope had to be as small as that on the 2.5x20mm Leupold to allow the bolt to work with the low Warne rings.
Medium height will be required to clear the ocular bell on a 1.5-5x20mm.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one of those when they were gray imports from Canada because of the embargo on iron curtain countries (which probably just went right over the heads of a lot of people). it was the most accurate 375 i ever owned (every CZ rifle i ever had was more accurate than i could hold). i had one 2" 10 shot group at 100 yds with sierra 300 gr boat-tails but inside that 2" group was a 3 shots high, 3 shots low and 4 shots centered from adjusting elevation, and the shots were so close you could see all 3 groups inside that 2". lost that target.

I also had a ZKK600 in 308 at the same time but don't remember much about it.

Their bedding is excellent, but the stocks sure were ugly.

It always puzzled me how a country that can produce the rifles they do, can also make ammo as bad as S&B.

Roger

posted Hide Post
I scoped it

I had it out to the range, I loaded up some Sierra 200gn fp, I opted for a reduced load they came out over the chrno at 2235 avg. I figured I’d use this for squirrels and such. I loaded up some 300 gn hndy dgx over some imr 4064, I need some tweaking they ran about 2375fps avg. I’d like to get them to 2450-2500Fps.

Having no prior experience with the 375 h&h I am amazed with the overall accuracy of the caliber.

I got a little beat up by the 300 grainers, but I quit before I got jumpy.

Next up some 350gn Barnes tsx over 60gn of imr 4064.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
68 grain 4064. Over many years was 2440-2460 in 24" barrel M70s.

The old Winchester ammo used non canistered 4064 and 68 grains with the 300 grain Silvertip and 71 grains with 270 grain Power Point and 2440 and 2670 from M70s

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,

R-15 is the powder for the 375 H&H. It would seem you've left the barrel at its 25 inch original length. If have the 25 inch barrel I would expect you could get 2600 fps with a 300 gr and pushing 2800 with a 270. In my mind a 270 TSX will cover everything from Cape buffalo to mule deer.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Will,

R-15 is the powder for the 375 H&H.

It sure is the powder.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Will,

R-15 is the powder for the 375 H&H. It would seem you've left the barrel at its 25 inch original length. If have the 25 inch barrel I would expect you could get 2600 fps with a 300 gr and pushing 2800 with a 270. In my mind a 270 TSX will cover everything from Cape buffalo to mule deer.

Mark

I’m using the 4064 because I have a lot of it. It’s getting tough to find anything these days. I’ll see if I can’t get some RL15, Looks like everyone is sold out of Barnes 270gn.

I live in CA so it’s copper for me if I want to hunt in the state.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you shoot your 375 a lot then full loads with Re 15 give a noticeable increase in recoil and blast.

4064 (and 3031 even more so) give the closest in powder weight and recoil to the original Cordite loads.