THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Re the Montana action stock

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re the Montana action stock Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted
Well thats been shit canned as the Montana action I bought supposedly long enough to cope with up to 458 Lott/375 H+H length turned out to be a ****** fucking short action.
I had it freighted direct to my gunsmith and he rang me with the news......

I am wondering how long is the action in a CZ 550 .458 Win mag? I was told that the CZ 550`s all share the same length action,anyone care to share any info on that thanks?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
The CZ magnum action yes the same size. But there's also a CZ medium action for .30-06 length cartridges in the 550 range.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2788 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Thank you C,that is good news,unfortunately they don't make them anymore. I will have to wait for a pre owned one to come up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect a good gunsmith could open up the med action to handle a number of magnum rounds, I know they can do that on a Mauser and a mod 70, sooooo ???

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41791 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The action was sent to my gunsmith without being sighted by me..He rang me and advised "its not a long action its a short action" Not even long enough for a 338wm. The action went back quick smart,boy when it comes to being fucked around I seem to wear it.