THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    500 MDM & 458 B&M in Australia!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

500 MDM & 458 B&M in Australia! Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Hey now, wait a damn minute, you told me $5 to start with?
bewildered

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Well guys I am approaching my 1000th post! Do I get some sort of prize or something?

Guess not, eh?

Well I am a little superstitious, sometimes a little nostalgic about some things! Maybe this is one of them. I have met some really super folks here, thanks for taking me in! I have enjoyed my tender here thus far and have learned alot.

I had to think that my 1000th post must be a little special, at least to me. So I decided to post it here on the 500 MDM and 458 B&M thread because these are two rifles I like alot, in two calibers I like, and two cartridges that I designed, being used on one of the most fun shooting expeditions I have been on in a very long time! Now the post won't be anything new or earth shattering to anyone. But I think it will be just some photos of some things I am particularly pleased with and somewhat like the proud father of. So don't expect too much, just something I felt the need to do on this Historic Moment! hilbily

Now won't I feel stupid if this is number 1000 or 1001 and I miscounted!!!

Michael

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
POST NUMBER 1000
I am the proud father of the B&M Series cartridges, along with the 500 MDM.

But a cartridge is not a big deal, lot's of them around, So you must have them chambered in a rifle that one can work with and use, enjoy, must be handy, must be short, must be fast on target, light because you carry it all day, and of a caliber that can accomplish the mission at hand. A cartridge without the perfect rifle, is, well, it's just a cartridge looking for a home!

In addition, no cartridge is worth it's salt without a proper bullet--The bullet does the work in the end!

Since 2006 I have been putting the rifles and cartridges and bullets to the test! In the lab, and in the field. I have not been disappointed yet and I have to say I am pretty proud of how things worked out so far! Hopefully I have some more work to do with them in the future!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
WOW! What Great info,articles,pics and hunts!Congratulations clap I am SO Impressed! thumb...Now,Do you like work for NASA or something? bewildered (Rocket Scientist!) Big Grin

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Great photos Michael…Looks like the boys did their part in the hunt! clap

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Kid
Thanks, as always. No need to be impressed. Me, Rocket Scientist?? animal No man, just a shooter just like you, nothing more! Just like you I like little short rifles, but unlike you mine are just "minor caliber" at a teeny weeny .500.

Jim
I was very proud of the boys. Took them on a little shoot last year and they did almost all the shooting. I shot only a couple wildebeasts I think is all. They shot a bunch of stuff. I had them on a 416 B&M which both used extremely well, and for pigs and such a little FW 6.5 WSM. The big one with the Kudu is Matthew Daniel and the little one with the oryx is Mark David. They both had a blast! Matthew is quite the shooter! Way better than the old man! Mark David, struggles a little, but over all did well.

Good story on the Kudu! Long time young PH since he was a kid nearly, Andrew Schoeman. Well Andrew and Matthew started chasing that kudu. Pretty thick stuff, after about 30 minutes or so we hear the shot and it's not far from us. Another 30 seconds or so here comes the kudu running at us!!! I think miss, grab the 50 B&M and take off, kudu falls over dead in front of me!!! Looking at the kudu, no blood, no bullet entrance, no exit, nothing????? Andrew and Matthew walk up, pats on the back, so forth---Matthews a pretty big boy, I ask him how he killed the kudu, hit it in the head, choke it, what, as there is no bullet??? Matthew states, Dad, shot it in the rear!!! Matthew, you know better than that! Andrew, I told him to do it I knew the 416 B&M would work! Well, what could I say, I let both of them off the hook. 350 gr Barnes TSX up the rear, going into vitals, kudu runs maybe 40 yds, piles up! Not bad bullet performance and penetration. But I told both of them, don't do that again!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
…(Matthew) ” Dad, shot it in the rear!!!” “Matthew, you know better than that!” Andrew, “I told him to do it I knew the 416 B&M would work!” ….. (Michael) 350 gr Barnes TSX up the rear, going into vitals, kudu runs maybe 40 yds, piles up! Not bad bullet performance and penetration. But I told both of them, “don't do that again!”
Leave it to kids to take the shot they’re given!!! animal

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for your post number 1000 clap

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wherever it was that you were sure has a generous bag limit on game!!!

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Wherever it was that you were sure has a generous bag limit on game!!!

Damn, you must have had nothing to do last night to drag this one out of moth balls?

Yes, and when I get done in 2012, they will have to put Australian buffalo on the "Endangered Species List".

rotflmo