THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    GSCustom bullets with out drive bands

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GSCustom bullets with out drive bands Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody have any experience with reloading these. Bought them on gun broker not knowing they did not have the drive bands. .375, 270 grn. Other .375 bullets I have measure .373, these measure .375

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In practical terms, you will not find any difference.

Accuracy, of course, depends on the rifle.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
GS Custom Bullets company has been bought by a friend in my local town. Things have been quiet on that front for quite a while but they are in production again and exciting things on the horizon, he tells me.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to contact him, I need some 348 225 gr. HVSP and some 180 gr. 38-40 HVHPs..I tested a lot of Gerards bullets on buffalo, Hippo, and Eland back in the early days..He made me some 97 gr. HP flat nose bullets for my 25-35...Gerard was/is a great guy, hope your friend is as well...

As much as Ive used them, and talked about them. and seen them for sale, I never heard or saw one without driving bands..Had I seen them Id have guessed they were just not finished!! but not saying they did not show up!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to talk to him as well. Great news , how do we contact him?

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just did a search and found this site.
http://gscustomusa.com/

Jim

Posts: 544 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That search looks like to me the old GS customs web pages?? but perhaps the new company is using the original pages...I suggested they produce .348, 45-70, 38-40, 25-35 win and some of these old calibers that US major companies have forgotten and turned their backs on their own products such as Winchester, Remington, Federal and others..There are enough of these old guns to have a good market..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

GS Custom Bullets USA Newsletter, April 2013
It is with great excitement that we can finally let all our US customers know that WE ARE NOW MANUFACTURING IN THE UNITED STATES!

Our place is located in southern Michigan.

GS Custom Bullets LLC
69301 M62
Edwardsburg MI, 49112

The new contact page lists the following:

Gerard Schultz
220 N Pandora Drive
Goose Creek, SC 29445

Jim

Posts: 544 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
last time I tried to order some 450/400 bullets ( a few months ago), he e mailed me back he was no longer in business.

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
me too but he did indicate they were working on some sort of project..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Sorry all. I forgot to check this thread again. I will try and pass on the information or ask the chap to register here and reply himself.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed Gerard and Gina and will update if I get a reply. I have been really missing there products

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have confirmed they are not in production. The company they were involved with has possession of their equipment and is not interested in manufacturing drive band bullets.

They have been unable to find a manufacturer that will hold the quality control system that GSC Bullets maintained.

So no bueno

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double BC:
I have confirmed they are not in production. The company they were involved with has possession of their equipment and is not interested in manufacturing drive band bullets.

They have been unable to find a manufacturer that will hold the quality control system that GSC Bullets maintained.

So no bueno

There is no secrets to quality control if you use quality CNC equipment.

That is what I use to make our Walterhog bullets, and the quality is exceptional.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them from the get go,a number of years ago and had my hunters bring them back to me, ordered from Gina when she lived in the US. Great bullets, and performed very well indeed. They have been missed..My last lot was a 98 gr flat nose .257 cal special order for my 25-35 Win and it punched through deer and elk on broadside shots. N

"No driving bands", thats just a lead bullet where I come from, Id bet cash to donuts, they fold in a hurry, its obvious they have no clue..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120