THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    New Semiauto Big Bore 475 Bishop

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Semiauto Big Bore 475 Bishop Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you who have an AR-10 and want 5,500ftlbs.

https://www.fieldandstream.com...rst-look-475-bishop/

Posts: 741 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
So the article states the gun would be "unshootable" without the muzzle brake. So firing a 390gr. bullet at 2500fps is "unshootable"? I think there are many here, including myself, that would find that statement a bit laughable.

Posts: 746 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I want one with a binary trigger Big Grin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is Safarikid???

Posts: 20072 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Any dimensions?
Looks like a short 2.1” Rigby case with an 06 rim.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
So firing a 390gr. bullet at 2500fps is "unshootable"?
In an AR-10? Probably. More than most people would want to deal with, anyway.

Posts: 400 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
So the article states the gun would be "unshootable" without the muzzle brake. So firing a 390gr. bullet at 2500fps is "unshootable"? I think there are many here, including myself, that would find that statement a bit laughable.

Considering that the AR-10 or AR-15 for that matter are only held together by two pins and the upper and lowers are aluminmum, it might not be able to withstand the recoil.
And like one of the previous posters said most AR shooters may not have shot anything with a significant amount of recoil.

I know one of the guys that my friend brought shooting had never shot anything other than the AR platform rifles. I had my 375 Ruger African with me and was shooting it. My friend got behind the rifle and pulled the trigger a couple of times and said it wasn't to bad. His buddy got behind it and pulled the trigger and put the rifle down and actually teared up a little. He never wanted to shoot anything other that what he brought from then on.

Posts: 741 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Where is Safarikid???

Here I am...So I am off to Botswana on a Cull with my New Ar-10 with 5500pds of ME! shocker
I will reign hell on those over sexed reproduces in the jungles and i may take a poacher or two down too!
BOOM
jumping

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
To quote Nutnfancy...
Philosophy Of Use?

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I admit, I am co-mingling "Breadcrumbs" together
  • the 458 SOCOM requires a "license" to make
  • Marty, who invented the 458 SOCOM also made the 470 Rhino
  • the Rhino was made from 500 Jeffery brass (that I gave him) and rebatted
  • the rhino was a hassle to make and expensive brass
  • the 475 Bishop brass is claimed to be "almost .600 diameter brass"
  • this would be rigby/lapua/debelted 460w if made from a parent case
  • they claim, incorrectly, that their cart is the largest that can go in an AR10 platform, when there are any number of field proven .500 on even the AR15 platform
  • the case is VERY rebated

I conclude, then, that
  • They used the rigby, that than rum, case as the parent
  • RCCBrass is making these with the .472/12mm rim from rigby-ish dies
  • Bishop, having a license for the SOCOM, *may* have talked with Marty on the Rhino, and
  • came up with an interesting solution for a heavy (but not) hitter on the AR10 platform

Will a 2.8" 4.75 rigby work? ABSOLUTELY, as the 476 Accrel (3.34" on same) freaking ROCKS

It sort of takes Marty's, Michael's, and my cool carts, blends and mixes for a platform, and makes something fun to shoot -- uhm, $7.50 per shot is a bit stiff though --

I'll give them this, it's a neat, unique solution, solving an interesting problem set, and appears to be "their own work" which isn't something I'd say for the norma mags

https://www.rccbrass.com/475-b...inch%20in%20diameter.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38357 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Forrest Halley
posted Hide Post
Shoot it in your cheap AR-10 lower, because it's going to break something. At least the .458 on the Omen was designed for the recoil and pressure. This is to wow the idiots in AR world that really believe that it's a worthy expense to have $5,000 or more tied up in a plastic rifle.

How is it a man with fifteen rounds of 5.56 feels under equipped and a man with fifteen rounds of .375 hasn't a worry in the world?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool.

Tony

Posts: 131 | Location: Inola, OK | Registered: 08 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palladin8:
For those of you who have an AR-10 and want 5,500ftlbs.

https://www.fieldandstream.com...rst-look-475-bishop/

novelty weapons die as soon as they are born...

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
To commemorate this sacred cartridge I’m gonna come up with my own which is a shortened Jeffrey case to .585, rebated to 470 rim and call it the 577 cardinal. It will molest anything you point it at.

one of us
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Forrest Halley:
Shoot it in your cheap AR-10 lower, because it's going to break something. At least the .458 on the Omen was designed for the recoil and pressure. This is to wow the idiots in AR world that really believe that it's a worthy expense to have $5,000 or more tied up in a plastic rifle.

tu2
.475"/390-gr at 2500 fps MV = 5,413 ft-lbs KE, SD = .247

.458"/390-gr at 2500 fps MV = 5,413 ft-lbs KE, SD = 0.266

.458"/400-gr at 2500 fps MV = 5,552 ft-lbs KE, SD = 0.272

Yumpin Yimminey !
The .475 Bishop is almost as powerful as a .458 WIN.
Roll Eyes
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Since we are on the subject of Massively rebated single stack carts, why not rebate the 460 Weatherby case even more and have a stubby 550? let’s honor the Jewish people! We have the 550 Magnum, 550 Express and now the 550 David! Short but carries a wallop. 2.1”? 2.25”? would be great using 28 gauge slugs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure someone will come up with a 122 round snaildrum. Paul Kersey would have loved this gun.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I did not see anything about reloading dies.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote