THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    2 Bore Jones Underlever SxS "The Double Deuce"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Bore Jones Underlever SxS "The Double Deuce" Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting closer everyday now...

New Video:
http://stolzergunsmithing.word...uing-and-checkering/

http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/

I have family arriving from out of state today and they will be staying past the first of the year so that I can take my nephew hunting, so I may not post another video until after the first of the year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Before watching these videos I could not spell "gunsmith."
Now I are one. tu2

Riflecrank Internationale Permanente

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Before watching these videos I could not spell "gunsmith."
Now I are one. tu2

Since I've managed to train you...I can't afford to pay you anything but I could use the extra skilled labor in my shop... Big Grin Let me know when you will be arriving... Big Grin

Merry Christmas RIP,

Colin

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Happy Yule --- Ever try
"plum brown" then boil it?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of different products to get different results. I keep Pilkingtons, R.E. Davis, Mark Lee, Laural Mountain Forge and a few different home brews in my shop.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Colin, I believe your total hours is now 1271, not 1261. Was 1216 hours plus 55 equals 1271 total. Just keeping you straight big guy.

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to go back and fix that, thank you for noticing.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see if the 75% rule will work with this gun. 75% of weight bullet with same charge regulating as full weight. So if you can get a brass projectile 3/4 the weight of a lead ball to move faster, penetrate more and less recoil.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be some expensive turned brass just to experiment with.

I do have an NEI mold that I custom designed for the first 2 Bore Jones I built, it drops a 2500gr paradox style bullet(deep waist with a single driving band and a single riding band, same length as diameter with a flat face), it's kind of a combination between a Paradox and a Ball-ete. I have the number from NEI if my other customers every want to buy one from them and cast there own. It makes for a nice round that has less recoil and a little more speed.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
That would be about right
75% of 3,500 grains is 2,625 so that's about right. A brass ball would be pretty cool though and you could probably use it a few times if recovered to keep cost down Smiler

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's finally finished.

New Video:
http://stolzergunsmithing.word...-and-final-assembly/

http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/

I will get the finished pictures posted sometime later today, hopefully.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing how a double rifle is built from the planning stages on paper to a finished working rifle.

Colin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The finished Pictures can be found at this link:
http://www.stolzergunsmithing....2boredoublerifle.htm

I hope you all enjoyed the show.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CowboyCS:
I hope you all enjoyed seeing how a double rifle is built from the planning stages on paper to a finished working rifle.

Colin

Colin... I thoroughly enjoyed everything. What an awesome big bore. Thanks for taking the time to document the project!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twr
posted Hide Post
Colin,

What a fantastic build. Thanks for the"guided tour" through the building process, it was amazing.

todd

Blessed; not lucky

Posts: 49 | Location: SC | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Colin, youn have out done yourself on this project. Thanks for working so close with me on this project, I have certainly enjoyed watching the videos and keeping up with the project each week. I will get with you on the wrap up of things. Let me know when those molds will be in that we are waiting for. Again, thanks so much for everything!

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is historic, a world first, where no man has gone before ...
And it will even work as a propulsion system for travel to shooting opportunities on the next planet,
if it doesn't take you to the Happy Hunting Ground. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the completed project!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the comments and compliments.

On to the next project(s).

Colin

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Incredibly Impressive, Truly! I am convinced though that I don't want one,
so I won't be a part of the back log. To those who buy one and shoot it, all I
can say is:
clap salute faint

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Colin

First extra $ 100K i find tucked in a sock is coming your way . Big Grin
Amazing work.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I priced it that high with the hopes that nobody will ever ask me to build another one.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
And here I thought you enjoyed building mine?

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdoggy2bore:
And here I thought you enjoyed building mine?

Wow, a rifle that makes Cal Pappas feel envious! Cal, how come all yours look small to this thing! HOLLY COW, would love to see it shot!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggy,

I enjoyed building yours, I'm just not interested in building another one unless the customer is seriously committed to having it. That price tag will thin out a lot of inquiring emails and phone calls.

Alaskaman11,

There is video of me shooting it during the load development and regulations process.
Go to the blog and back track till you find the post.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I noticed you have not ruled out the one bore double rifle AKA the "Double Uno" Big Grin diggin Whistling popcorn popcorn popcorn fishing BOOM

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
PS
I would give my left nut to have a pair of "Lil' Deuce" pistols. That gun is the $&#%ing coolest modern made pistol. Blackbeard would have had a bunch tied to him as he boarded ships stuffed with shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
boarded ships stuffed with shot

Why would you want to board ships stuffed with shot?

bewildered

I want ships full of women, gold and wine beer

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Stuff the 2 bore with shot or chain. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can keep the Women and Wine, just bring the Gold and arrangements can be made for a pair of 2 Bore pistols.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
the double deuce and the little deuce are going to make a hell of a pair!!

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Colin, thanks again for everything.

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Picking up the double deuce and the little deuce from Colin tonight or in the morning! Nothing like a little ANTICIPATION!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Excited for you dude. You must be bouncing off the walls.

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
It actually makes the 4the bore ken Owen double look small! I will get snome picture of it with both guns and the 700 nitro double this week.

One of Us
Picture of twr
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Blessed; not lucky

Posts: 49 | Location: SC | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-chat/2993135/posts

I think a 2 bore version would be better Wink
Colin, did you get in the world record cert on the 2 bore double?

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

This would be a fun two bore pistol
An old WW1 Flare gun.

http://www.icollector.com/WW-I...-is-in-over_i8787909

Make it from steel and add a trigger guard?

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
good thinking Boomie. Right up our alley!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem with you guys is you think to small...I have an order for a 1 Bore pistol in my shop now.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
One bore!!!!!!???!?!?!
A pound o lead round ball aye.
1,200 FPS?
This flare gun as an antique replica could skirt some laws.
They make 8 and 12 gauge flare guns.
A pair of these in 12 gauge with multiple screw in barrels say 6" 10" and 14" would be cool on a leopard hunt. I wonder how strong this would be in chrome moly.
It's the breech loading I like most with that cool lever.