THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Shooting ranges near Las Vegas

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting ranges near Las Vegas Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be in Las Vegas for a week during March for vacation and was thinking about visiting a shooting range just to kill some time.I would prefer to rent a rifle and shotgun from the range.So far the Clark County Shooting Complex has caught my interest.I would like to shoot offhand with a rifle at targets near and far-at least up to 200yds if possible.Anyone have any suggestions or helpful advice?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
https://machinegunsvegas.com/

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38379 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
https://machinegunsvegas.com/

Not so sure about that.I am into something more affordable and similar to the kind of shooting I do regularly.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, ask a cab driver for what you are after. They know the happenings in Vegas!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Most of the ranges in town are indoors and are set up for short-distances only (25yds. or less).
they are geared towards handguns and full-automatic shooting. There are plenty of shooting packages available to tourists.

Clark County Shooting Complex does have ports that allow shooting out to 200yds., but they do not rent firearms.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Most of the ranges in town are indoors and are set up for short-distances only (25yds. or less).
they are geared towards handguns and full-automatic shooting. There are plenty of shooting packages available to tourists.

Clark County Shooting Complex does have ports that allow shooting out to 200yds., but they do not rent firearms.

George

According to their website they say they do.I need to call them and find out more. rentals

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I have shot at Clark County. It is outstanding!!
Shot Trap, Sporting Clays, Pistol and rifle out to 200 yards at that facility. I remember seeing rentals available. Plenty of ammo at good prices.
I would call to see if they dropped the rentals.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
I have shot at Clark County. It is outstanding!!
Shot Trap, Sporting Clays, Pistol and rifle out to 200 yards at that facility. I remember seeing rentals available. Plenty of ammo at good prices.
I would call to see if they dropped the rentals.

Thanks.I will do that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live here in Las Vegas and have been to the Clark County Shooting park numeros times.

They rent Beretta firearms for very reasonable rates. You will need to watch a short range safety video that's around 10-15 mins.

The wife and I like to shoot Trap there from time to time. I wish I lived closer so we could shoot there more often. I live on the south end of the valley and it's about a 40 min. drive for me.

Posts: 741 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
The Clark County Shooting complex is a great facility. Safety orientation didn't take long. Keep your card they give you as you'll be glad for the next time you are back in Las Vegas.

I really enjoyed shooting shotguns there...but have shot handgun and rifle there as well.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They must have started that after I left LV.

I don't see anything particularly intere4sting, however. A BM-59 would have been nice. tu2

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my wife and I spent 5 months there one winter as safety officers and it is an outstanding range and yes they do sell ammo and rent rifles and pistols and ran very well.it is to bad that the woman that is in charge is an anti gun person as if she would allow the master plan to be finished it would be one of the finest ranges in the world (no kidding) but she wants to see it closed and will not allow all the ranges to be added that were planned, long range 1000 yard range,silhouette range both rifle and pistol,mounted horse shooting arena.funny thing on ammo is that when the money for the ammo budget is used up she will not buy more ammo until the next budget is available, poor management. but a great place to shoot and also has an RV park to stay in

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the Clark County Shooting Complex had good inexpensive ammo,a BM-59 and silhouette targets,I would spend more time there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
being a x silhouette competitor,I talked my head of trying to get her to go forward and put in a 500 meter range to no avail. there was a contractor who was willing to do all the work necessary for install a 1000 yard range and all he wanted out of it was the dirt and rock that was going to be removed,all that would be left to do by the range when he was done would be to put in the firing line but she killed that off also.

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hydehunter:
being a x silhouette competitor,I talked my head of trying to get her to go forward and put in a 500 meter range to no avail. there was a contractor who was willing to do all the work necessary for install a 1000 yard range and all he wanted out of it was the dirt and rock that was going to be removed,all that would be left to do by the range when he was done would be to put in the firing line but she killed that off also.

Un believable.I guess she wants members and other shooters to be limited to shooting 50 22LR rds each and to pay 20 dollars for each additional firearm they bring to the range.I've seen that before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George:

There is the Pro Gun Club in Boulder City. It is an impressive range with a wide variety of guns available.

I used to go and shoot the Barrett 50 Cal BMG sniper rifles at 1,000 yards.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
George:

There is the Pro Gun Club in Boulder City. It is an impressive range with a wide variety of guns available.

I used to go and shoot the Barrett 50 Cal BMG sniper rifles at 1,000 yards.

Thanks Larry.I will check that out.I see they are only 30 minutes from the strip and have some open sight semi-autos for rent.