Find
Notify
Tools

Top books you wish were audiobooks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
I posted this in the main forum, but might get better responses here...

Are there any Safari/hunting books you wish were on audiobook? Lemme know...

No need to tell me you prefer real books or ebooks or hate audiobooks - I get it. Just trying to get feedback from audiobook enthusiasts such as myself.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Hmm, a better question for me is, Who would I like to narrate/read/present an audiobook? The few I’ve listened to hinged completely on the voice presenting the audiobook. David Attenborough, James Earl Jones, Sam Elliot, Werner Herzog could all read the menu at WaffleHouse and I could listen. Months of the Sun, Heat Thirst and Ivory, White Hunters, Tough Trip Through Paradise, Fools Crow, Heartsong of Charging Elk are books i can’t get enough of.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's a great way to put it Tomahawker. Those voices could sell real estate as well as tell a story. I just have never been used to hearing a book told. I need to read it. My youngest son is just the opposite, if he can't hear it when he's driving he won't take the time to read it. I suppose like anything else if the message is passed, then it's O.K.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote