THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Shooting the British Double Rifle by Wright

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting the British Double Rifle by Wright
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted
Picked up a hard bound copy of the third edition today. Actually, received it from Huntingtons today. They had the best price on it I could find at under $45.00.

I have only had a chance to briefly skim most of it however, if the chapter on the Paradox is any indication of the rest of the book, it is a wealth of information.

I imagine all of you serious double gun toting hunters already have it. For the newbie, such as myself, I think it is probably a must read.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dave, I've read it through a couple of times. I will likely never be able to afford a double rifle from here on out, but you don't necessarily have to own one to love the things.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolute necessity for the double rifle/paradox(et. Al.) owner IMHO.

Wealth of information. Coupled with the Woodleigh reloading manual most NE cartridges are covered with loading data.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
If you can pull up back issues of Handloader magazine,Ross Seyfreid did an excellent article on the Paradox about 12-15 years ago.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
If you can pull up back issues of Handloader magazine,Ross Seyfreid did an excellent article on the Paradox about 12-15 years ago.

I have most of his articles. Did the good old back issue purchase of DGD. Very good information.

Dave

Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I loved 'Handloader' mag when he wrote there as well as Guns + Ammo in the 70's.I understand (but don't know) that he + Barsness has a falling out + that is the reason that he is not still with Handloader. I let my scrip expire as he was the only one I wanted to read as he wrote good articles + actually knew what he was talking about.If they took him back on I would renew in a new york minute.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
He is a great researcher an writer. I think he writes almost exclusively in the Double Gun Journal. A true wealth of information.

Perused the first five chapters of Wright's book last night. He focuses on those British loading and the quirks in reloading the larger cases and bullets.

Dave

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Finished reading it this evening. Absolutely one of the best written books dealing with the subjects of cartridges, loads, ballistics, etc. that I have read since I don't remember when. Also pulled a list of other books that I will need to find.

Best $45.00 I have spent in a while.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely must have book for anyone remotely interested in double rifles.

His problem solving information is worth the price of the book alone.

My only regret is that I didn't have my copy with me when I ran into Graeme at SCI, Coffs Harbour convention so that he could sign if for me.

A shortcoming I aim to fix a.s.a.p.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote