New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous Encounters by Boddington...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had the pleasure of visiting with Craig for a few minutes at SCI this week. As always, there was a sizable crowd around his booth.

He has a new book out, by Safari Press, titled "Dangerous Encounters.". As with many of his writings, it is a limited run first edition. Limited to 1000 numbered and signed copies, and in a slipcover to preserve the finish.

It is dedicated "To the memory of Ian Gibson, Zimbabwe PH, killed by an Elephant bull on April 14th of 2015 in the Lower Zambezi, and the the many other PH's, guides and trackers, who, over the years, came out on the wrong side of the odds in pursuit of dangerous game.".

It is another well written book by the acknowledged dean of african writers of the last half-century.

It kept me up to nearly 3am this morning reading it.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I liked the book but was a lil disappointed with the pics. Would have been nice to have had accompanying photos to the stories.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are there any dangerous encounters that we have not already heard about? Is this a collection of incidents that have been on the internet?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Book was a major disappointment . . . I would guess that at least a third or a quarter is simply excerpts from other books and articles. In addition, a fair portion of the writing is repetitive. Almost felt like he was simply trying to get the word and page count up. Overall, not one of Craig's better efforts . . . in my view.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Book was a major disappointment . . . I would guess that at least a third or a quarter is simply excerpts from other books and articles. In addition, a fair portion of the writing is repetitive. Almost felt like he was simply trying to get the word and page count up. Overall, not one of Craig's better efforts . . . in my view.

100% I must Agree
Many Storys aren't True as he wrote it. I know quiet a view PH involved the tell differently.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas