THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Recommended reading for the doubleriflenut and everything else..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended reading for the doubleriflenut and everything else..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
...and vintage gunnut from the golden period.

Loads on info in regards to production of cordite, guncotten, bullet effects on game and experiences from hunters who goes through the transition from blackpowder borerifle to smokeless smallbore...etc etc.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That is quite a collection of classics. I have several of Churchill's books but have never seen that one.I have an 1894 copy of "Stray Sport" by J. Moray Brown that is stamped by the British Garrison at Malta.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jens, this ought to be made a "sticky." Wonderful selection of titles!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Norman & Bill.

I will ad a few more books here later tomorrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that this is a social faux pa but so what? If you are planning on selling anything in the future,I would be interested in your prices. O.K. now I've said,I can go to bed.Best,Randy

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection sir.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Randy.

Hope you slept well...:LOL

One of my favorite books is Kingsley-Heath book from Sycamore island books `Hunting the dangerous game of Africa`. Besides its a fabulous book when observing the craftmanship of the bookbindery and materials the author hunts and shoots with many of the classic calibers and share his view.

Another funny thing is Alfred Pease`s book `Book of the lion` from 1913. He is one of the last I have read about who still relied on a 10bore hammerrifle right up to WW1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jens for your concern;but I always sleep well as I have a pure heart.You may have seen on here in the past that I picked up a COMPLETE 17 set volume of Richard Burton's translation of the Arabian Nights,complete w. oilskin over the illustrations.Circa 1887.Only 1000 copies were made. Mine is 2 digit.Oh well,some of us love rare books. Best,r.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
Hi Randy.

Hope you slept well...:LOL

One of my favorite books is Kingsley-Heath book from Sycamore island books `Hunting the dangerous game of Africa`. Besides its a fabulous book when observing the craftmanship of the bookbindery and materials the author hunts and shoots with many of the classic calibers and share his view.

Another funny thing is Alfred Pease`s book `Book of the lion` from 1913. He is one of the last I have read about who still relied on a 10bore hammerrifle right up to WW1.

Nice books!

I’m glad to see another person interested in the actual quality of the book. This is something severely lacking in many recent books. As much as I like some of Safari Presses titles, the execution leaves much to be desired st times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Thank you Jens for your concern;but I always sleep well as I have a pure heart.You may have seen on here in the past that I picked up a COMPLETE 17 set volume of Richard Burton's translation of the Arabian Nights,complete w. oilskin over the illustrations.Circa 1887.Only 1000 copies were made. Mine is 2 digit.Oh well,some of us love rare books. Best,r.

Love to see the that set. Post it...please.

There are many books I wish for. Douglas Freeman compendium on Robert E Lee which gave a pulitzer prize.....Hans Talhoffer book from 14th centrum in facsimile from 1887 abort swordfight(fechtbuch German) technic....I could go on..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jens,when I can get one of my sons over to do the pics + posts,I will. I seem to be still living in the 19th century + the technology today is surpassing me;but in my defense,try to get any of those kids to do what I do. I have a sheet metal shop + build everything from memory using geometry + trig on a daily basis.Everyone has their niche.I'll Post some pics as soon as I can.Thanks for your interest. Randy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the Mauser collector and other german gunhistory..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My little archery section..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE collection. I have one of the Mauser books myself that I understand is not available anymore as someone posted + was seeking.Another member asked + I sent the pics to him for posting on my original Burton's Arabian Nights 17 volume set. He said he would,I hope everyone gets a thrill.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Jens,

You have some great archery books! The Swinehart books, especially. I grew up an a steady diet of Hill and Fred Bear - later on I got to know Glenn St. Charles and his family. Awesome people all.

Here are the pics of Burton's Arabian nights:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Baxter.I hope everyone enjoyed seeing a real find that I discovered in an antique store.Talked to a friend today that in his retirement takes his wife to antique shops. She found an original 1st edition Victor Hugo novel for $3.50.About 13 years ago I went into the shop + found a complete set of 1st editions H.Rider Haggard for $40.00.Also a 1943 copy in english of Mein Kampf. Now how many of those were printed in english in 1943?Cost me $5.00. Kinda makes you want to cruise those antique stores does'nt it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Normann(and Baxter).

Lovely set of books. If volumes all have the same booknumber `60`it would be very rare. I have seen volumes being brought back together with other volumes.

Thanks for sharing.

In regards to Bob Swinehart the book `In Africa with Bob Swinehart` is a private print with black leather cover which Mr. Swinehart had made for close friends. In this book I have letters from Swinehart written to his friend.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That’s VERY cool! Bob’s is a tragic story - he was one of the greats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

Yes indeed. Such a talent and natural outdoors person who should have enjoyed life at the heights in his prime..

Shot himself with a .243Win in his office..

Some say he had a terrible wife..and he never got over his brothers death.

http://articles.mcall.com/1985...-state-police-arrest

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

Yes indeed. Such a talent and natural outdoors person who should have enjoyed life at the heights in his prime..

Shot himself with a .243Win in his office..

Some say he had a terrible wife..and he never got over his brothers death.

http://articles.mcall.com/1985...-state-police-arrest

I had heard his wife was very anti-hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jens,yes,all of the 17 volumes are hand written @ 60.I think it was a great find.Had I not gone with my ex to the antique store........another treasure lost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to Bob;that's one helluva way to get out of a bad marriage.Oh well it worked + as we can assume,he had other issues.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the letters I have from BS.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very cool. That’s a great treasure to have with his books.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phantastic collection,i have 7 or 8 of them . Also Dallas about H&H , The Drilling, The Doublerifle, Groswildbuchsen . And a few of Bengt Berg , Åkerman and Kvale and lot more.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote