New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Find, Great Read
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been doing more reading since March when an old heart condition recurred. My cardiologist has restricted much physical activity while he fiddles with meds and dosages prepatory to a ( hopefully ) corrective procedure. Reading relieves some boredom. I have an assortment of books on hand but couldn't resist picking up this cheap buy as John Wooters articles were enjoyable reading in Petersens Hunting and Guns & Ammo ( I think ) magazines in my long ago youth.
John published this handloading book in 1976, the year I finished high school. It's been a delightful read. I consider myself a capable and seasoned handloader and was amazed at how little many handloading practises have changed since John's time. I guess sound principles stand the test of time. I actually added to my basic knowledge from John's well explained, in depth dissection of technical aspects in such uncomplicated prose that I found myself rereading several passages to ensure I didn't miss important points. I marked several pages so I might more easily refer to these later.
It it such a good read it helped my forget my boredom for a while.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed! Look at the old Lyman manuals that used CUP (Copper Units Of Pressure) as the guiding light. I know that I loaded many years of 357 way above-accepted pressures using that data.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote