Find
Notify
Tools

Viking Novels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
For those of us who like Bernard Cornwell + his numerous works;there is a "new" author (at least to me) named James Nelson. His series on the Viking invasion of Ireland in the 870's is superb. He also wrote a book a few years ago "The Only Life That Mattered"; the story of calico jack + anne bonnie in the carrabian pirate business.Good book by its own rites but those who watch the HBO series "Black Sails" will love it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sorry,got side tracked without revealing the names of the 2 first novels. They are "Fin-Gall" + " Dubh-Linn). The 3rd is to come out this spring + I am VERY ready.Good reading all.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, Randy!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Great
Will have to get them
Love that stuff

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Just put Finn-Gall on the kindle..

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote