Find
Notify
Tools

Michener
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Just got back into James after 30+ years. I was given 2 1st editions of Texas + Caribbean.It piqued my interest again. Have bought several more on Amazon. Almost finishing 'Hawaii' tonight ,then on to Alaska or Poland. A great thing in the easy chair at the end of the day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
THE Covenant NEXT

300 years in Africa must read

love Michener read em all

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I agree! Every prolific author has a dud or two, but Mr.Michener's are few and far between. The Covenant is one of my favorites.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't really know how I missed it but I just read the Source for the first time a couple of months ago.........I think it has to be one of his best by far.

I just loved Texas. Caribbean was very good also.....I didn't like Hawaii that much.....

Covenant was outstanding!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JTEX, of course you liked "Texas" we all do,it should be required reading. Ha. I agree as to "The Covenant". That was very well done. I personally did not care for "The Source" that much. But that's why they make Ford's + Chevy's.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
JTEX, of course you liked "Texas" we all do,it should be required reading. Ha. I agree as to "The Covenant". That was very well done. I personally did not care for "The Source" that much. But that's why they make Ford's + Chevy's.

Yes Sir!

Thank GOd you didn't say Dodges...... Wink

/

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am nearly through Alaska. Has taken me to a place that I dearly enjoy visiting. Michener is a true adventurer for the mind. Enjoy. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finished "Alaska" about 3 weeks ago + just finished "Mexico" tonight.Great after work relaxing reading.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Started "The Novel" tonight.