THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun books and periodicals are dying out.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We do most of our reading here on the internet now.

I used to subscribe to specialty gun magazines such as Handloader and Rifle and we only get the Rifleman and Am. Hunter now as they come with the life memberships.

We don't get a newspaper anymore! The local paper building is for sale and it's being printed in the next city for the few that still get it.

I used to look at the Shotgun News for classifieds.

Now it's all here in the Web!

And best of all it's interactive. I can write my comments too and ask questions!

Smiler

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savage_99: I can write my comments too and ask questions!
Yep, here we can all be Elmer Keith or Jack O'Connor!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, here we can all be Elmer Keith or Jack O'Connor!

What - dead ???

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps at your house that is true, but the newspaper still comes about 6am here, and the Barnes & Noble still have waiting lines at all the checkout counters every time I go.

I subscribe to about a dozen magazines, and when I am done reading them, it makes a nice drop off at the VAMC at my team. Good counterpoint to Golf Digest, and Sunset.

Reading a book takes you there in a way the internet version cannot; and you have a permanent reference at hand.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly Rich. I have several gun mag. srips.as well that when I'm through I take to the V.A. The same with a lot of my books.(Ones I won't read again.)But my house is still a library. BTW,I still take Handloader but I must confess,it is not near the magazine that it was when they had Ross Seyfried writing articles. Something else interesting.A good friend of mine who worked at the major book store in Austin + where I go to attend several book clubs each month had a major stroke 2 years ago. Her husband got the EMS there quick but there was still damage. Now when she reads books,she has no retention from the top of the page to the bottom,a real drag for a reader.Here's the positive upshot;her husband got her a kindle + it works. Now she can read like normal.Don't ask me how,the Dr.s don't even understand. Hope that info is helpful to somebody.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote