New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Books
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Safari Press and Trophy Room Books are slowing down to bring out New Books. What are the Reasons. No Interest ? Young People don't like to read Books ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Probably fewer stories to tell overall and fewer worth telling.

But people don’t seem to be reading much as far as hunting stuff goes these days. It’s all about Instagram, the perfect pic, being an ambassador (look at this great knife from...), IPAs, roto-molded coolers and all that bullshit.

As much as people piss on Capstick...can you image how refreshing it would be for a series of books like that with new stories to be coming to the market every year or so?

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree, I would love to read some new books of that quality + calibre. Even the magazine pundits (Sporting Classics not included) are not worth the subscription cost or the time to read the articles. As I have said before, If 'Handloader' would bring Ross Seyfried back on board I would renew my subscription tomorrow.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best sporting literature is being typed here on AR.

Luckily, for me, there are enough older books for my lifetime.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it would be possible to actually print many of the stories posted here , and sell them in book form?

An opportunity for some enterprising person?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as the rights are not already owned by a publisher + permission was received by the writer.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
I wonder if it would be possible to actually print many of the stories posted here , and sell them in book form?

Already been done. A looong time ago...I have a copy somewhere...

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:

Already been done. A looong time ago...I have a copy somewhere...

I have that book as well. Would love to see another one made...and would happily contribute a story.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The AR book? I have it but it doesnt even scratch the surface on stories posted on the Forum, does it ?

Would be timely to do a new version if possible

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least Peter Flack will bring a Interesting New Book out https://www.peterflack.co.za/h...ing-the-hippotrages/

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I am still a book person. However, most of our kids lean digital. As an analogy, I purchased a nice watch for our youngest son and presented it to him. He respectfully declined. I asked him why. He said that most of his generation does not wear watches, because they have everything they need on their I-Phones. Same with books, music, etc. etc. etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son kept all his phone # contacts on his phone alone. That was fine until he dropped it in the river on a canoe trip + lost all his contacts including all his buddies from the army.

posted Hide Post
I am young enough and I like to read books! But I am not a fast reader, usually 10 pages/day.

Posts: 3 | Location: Croatia | Registered: 21 January 2021Reply With Quote