Find
Notify
Tools

The Gates Of Athens
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
This is a new one from Conn Iggulden about the Greeks in their wars with Persian kings Darius then Xerxes from Marathon to Thermopolae + beyond. This is a 1st in what I assume will be a trilogy as that is his usual M.O. History as we know it but in novel form that really brings the characters to life. I'm looking forward to the next installment. Amazon has it + I highly recommend it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swaincreek
posted Hide Post
Thanks for tip.

Posts: 160 | Location: Lakeland Fl . | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received the 2nd in the series yesterday, "The Protector" concerning Athen's battles with Xerxes in the largest naval battle at that time.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just finished it yesterday. Themistocles defeated the Persians at sea + Xanthippus defeated them on land on the 1st invasion on the Persian homeland. I am really looking forward to the 3rd book which I'm sure will include Cimon + Pericles in the defense of Athens + the supposed end of Persian aggression.