New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russell Annabel Tales of a Big Game Guide
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My favorite Alaska hunting author is Russell Annabel .I read all his books and that was the final push to get me to go to Alaska .His first book Tales of a Big Game Guide is awesome .I have a whole case of new copies I bought during my book dealer days .These are all new unread.Pm me if you would like to buy a copy of this 1992 derry dale reprint its the one with the mountain goat on front .$55 shipped these make awesome Christmas presents .I also have three new copies of Hell I was there the last new hard back ones printed $110 shipped I have tons more just ask .I am out of room these need to go I have a ton of Robert Ruark too and lots more just ask

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Those Russell Annabel books are very entertaining. However, just like Kenneth Anderson's tiger stories, I'm not sure I believe it all but it is very great to read nonetheless.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to a few people who rode with him in Alaska . They said his adventures were true .He was a WWII reporter durimg the war in Alaska while on duty .I retraced his steps and trails and found two of his old cabins .They rode horses 660 miles from the keni to the Alaska range to hunt moose caribou and bears .Thats a long ride on a horse .Tex Cobb in his books is buried in Palmer .

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected, but as I said, true or not, they were damned fine stories. I liked his Alaskan tales more than his Mexican ones.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
His stories of Alaska are the best ones written .He guided there many years then went to Mexico .Friends of mine had him stay at their place many times over the years .My friend was young at the time but got to meet him any times and said he was awesome .Those days will never be repeated once Alaska became a state it got tamed pretty quick and there were roads built to travel much easier .