Find
Notify
Tools

Ron Thompson.....Nehanda
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
Has anyone on this board read Ron Thompson's new book called 'Nehanda'. It is a 'faction' book as he calls it. Fiction based on fact of what actually happened back in the day. Would appreciate your input before I order it all the way from SA. I know ALL the other books I have from him are absolutely THE BEST. Thanks

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Brennan,

Just for the benefit of others I thought I would share what I shared with you by PM.

Yes, I have read Nehanda. It is an extremely good book. It is more about the war than about hunting but is well worth the money (although it is a paperback book). Follows several childhood friends, one white, several black, as they grow up and then end up on opposite sides of the bush war. Some of the discussion of the war time atrocities is simply shocking. It is extremely readable and readers will not regret getting the book.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Brennan,

Just for the benefit of others I thought I would share what I shared with you by PM.

Yes, I have read Nehanda. It is an extremely good book. It is more about the war than about hunting but is well worth the money (although it is a paperback book). Follows several childhood friends, one white, several black, as they grow up and then end up on opposite sides of the bush war. Some of the discussion of the war time atrocities is simply shocking. It is extremely readable and readers will not regret getting the book.

tu2 On the money.
Wars in Southern Africa lent themselves to years of teeth smashing nightmares.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What's the website to order his books?
Will have to try
Montana winters are long and I'm running out of things to read

Anyone one of you read " In the land of white death"?
Albanov's recount of trying to survive in arctic
Excellent read

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you buy this book?

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Reading Shadrek
Love it especially because I hunted the big Bulls outside Gonarezhou

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote