THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Tippu Tip And The East African Slave Trade

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tippu Tip And The East African Slave Trade
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

Quite a few people have been writing and asking for recommendations of what to read.

I do have quite an extensive libray of old African hunting and exploration books, and I will try to post them here as time permits.

Most of my books I have obtained from TROPHY ROOM BOOKS. Both Jim and Ellen Herring are a pleasure to deal them. Highly recommended.

TROPHY ROOM BOOKS
Box 3041
Agoura, Ca. 91301
TelFrowner818) 889-2469
FaxFrowner818) 889-4849
Trophy Room Books
 -

I was looking at the is book the other day, so I thought of starting off by listing it.

The book traces the life of hamed bin Muhammed, better known as Tippu Tip. He was one of the last great slavers of the 19th century.
His role extended for many thousanfs of miles, west and north-west of lake Tanganyika, and his name was known and feared in most of East and Central Africa.

Great explorers such as Livingstone, Cameron, Stanley and Wismann knew him well and made extensive use of his intimate knowledge of teh regions they explored.

Leopold, King of Belgium, appointed him Governor of teh Congo Free State, and the Sultan of Zanzibar wanted to appoint him Wali (Governor) of Tabora, the important stronghold of Zanzibar Arabs in Central Tanganyika.

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the new forum Saeed.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed for the book forum.
I love to read, although I can't afford $100 plus books. The big book publishers don't seem to interested in hunting books anymore but am glad Safari Press runs sales now and then.

Posts: 138 | Location: Hubbell, Michigan, USA | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote