Find
Notify
Tools

Duncan Gilchrist
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted
Duncan was more of a local Alaskan writer but I really liked his writings. A friend found On Bears And Bear Hunting in a thrift shop and gave it to me! It's nice to read about the same area I've hunted in too!
Jim

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Have you read any Russell Annabelle?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I've tried,,,,

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Always liked Duncan Gilchrist's mountain hunting books. Especially compared to some of today's writings that are concerned mostly with having the right equipment and little else.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Trophy Rams of the Brooks Range" by Gilchrist ISBN 0-933126-44-1
Chronicle of early sheep hunt and Super Cub flying in the Brooks Range. What an adventure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents
I loaned "hunt high" to a friend as he had drawn a goat tag at 70years old last year.Almost was going to give him the book as he liked it alot.Online that book is worth $750,"all about bears" is $325.There was a tug of war in the town cafe over the book,ha ha .

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
And there I was,a canoe in one hand,a rocky mountain goat in the other with a bowie knife between my teeth facing a horde of Amazonian savages.When I came upon these savages my natural courage took over.I with my Bowie knife preceded to carve my way through this wall of human flesh,while dragging my canoe behind me.KUDOS to W.C. Fields.That was his gig.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote