THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Memories of a Game Ranger, Harry Wolhutter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memories of a Game Ranger, Harry Wolhutter
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Just found this and what a little gold mine! He became a ranger in the Sabi Game Reserve just after the Boer War, and saw it grow into Kruger National Park. His account of stabbing to death a lion that was dragging him by the right shoulder is quite good stuff. Our ZAR friends will know this book!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I have a copy here and we sometimes have copies for sale on the 'bookshelf' at www.shakariconnection.com

Harry's grandson incidentally is Kim Wolhuter who still lives in his grandfathers old camp and is the guy who makes the leopard documentaries for National Geographic, and I've met him a few times.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Of a time when men were men!

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

I could not locate it on your website. Would you PM me with price and condition?

thanks,

rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here you go buddy, it's almost at the bottom of the page here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...frica-authors-w.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a recliner here, let me lock the back at 45-degrees so I don't flip over backwards and hurt myself. Okay, now PM me the price, delivered to SCI Reno!

Rich
bookworm

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rich,

I'll PM this to you as well as post here.

We don't keep the books, we sell them on affilliate with ABE books who in turn represent booksellers worldwide.

In the case of this book, there are about 30 copies available from sellers in about 7 countries with prices ranging from less than US$12 to about US$85..... and obviously condition will vary as will exact details.... some might be hard cover and some soft and some may possibly be signed by the suthor etc.

You need to take a look on the site to see what's available, choose whatever oneyou want as regards price and location of seller etc and then order from the form on the relevent page.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great book - who can ever forget how he survived the lion mauling - wow!

Posts: 217 | Location: BC - Canada | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote