Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting Classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I assume most of you already get this magazine but if not you should. This month's copy has among other great articles one about Hemingway in Idaho, the early years. A great read.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, + BTW on the back cover of Sports Afield, they are showing the new (limited to 50) Rigby built Bell Rigby 275. One beautiful rifle. As the man said, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. I don't even need to ask but it sure looked sweet.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t get Sporting Classics in print, but I can’t wait to get that Sports Afield.

I am getting relatively older (43) but still like turning pages. I have a pile of Games Trails, Covey Rise, Sports Afield that I won’t toss. I need to give them to BSA or something.

I’ve kept them because I might want to revisit something like a hunt I had never considered. However, it’s hard to decipher what’s in each. I’m sure I could search online.

I read what’s interesting in the NRA mags and just toss them.

I also have a lot of Toyota Trails back when I had an FJ—40. Another well produced publication.

During these times, I may read them all and ask permission to publish a “best of.”

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I might make a suggestion, take your magazines to the V.A. hospital. They will be appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I get both, they’re good and not so good. A lot of high end fooferaw in the pages. I have zero interest in a leather backpack for carrying wine glasses. Currently reading The Sheltering Desert by Henno Martin.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote