New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Safari Press shipping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We all love Safari Press, but there shipping needs to step up.

I ordered three items 10 days ago, and they are still in pre-shipping.

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I ordered some books from them a few months ago. I can't even remember what I ordered, anyway it showed up about 2-3 weeks after I ordered it.

I ordered beer from amazon in Germany on Saturday morning at 0730. It was at my house at 1230 that same day.

Hard to compete with amazon.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Book shipping with some of the big book dealers is a pain anymore. I ordered some books from Salt Lake City to be shipped to me in Las Vegas and after 5 days they still hadn't arrived. I checked their tracking and they had shipped them the cheapest possible way which incredibly took them all the way back East before coming back West to Las Vegas. When I called the dealer about it, they simply said that books are shipped the cheapest way and it could take anywhere between 7-10 days. What a damn waste of fuel, time and resources!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered (10) books from Safari Press on 8/24/20. They arrived today, 9/3/20.

Posts: 2574 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My name is Mai Sample and I work at Safari Press.

Due to COVID-19, airlines have cut flights down to 80%. This in turn limits the USPS’s ability to transport mail in a timely manner. A package that normally takes 7 days for delivery is now taking up to 3-4 weeks for delivery. If you got your package within 10 days, consider yourself one of the lucky few. I have been fending off calls and emails about delayed delivery times.

We have also noticed USPS is no longer scanning packages in a timely manner. Packages are not scanned until it has been delivered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been ordered 14 days today. Still showing the USPS has not received it.

Wife emailed Safari Press yesterday. No response as of today.

Breezy thank you for your update. Respectfully, Safari Press needs to move to a different shipping model. I guess the market is too niche for that.

I got some new books over the weekend to tide me over, but I am dying to read Hunter.

My Wife buys a lot of Louis Vuitton merchandise. They have arrived from France and Spain in 2 days during Covid. I say this for Louis, he pays for shipping.

I ordered ammo online during Covid 7 days.

I respect your reply, but there are others merchants not having this issue. The problem is relying on USPS. I will pay for UPS.

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I order three books from Safari Press recently. They arrived in a timely manner like they always have. But yes their tracking isn't the greatest but I can live with that.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
I order three books from Safari Press recently. They arrived in a timely manner like they always have. But yes their tracking isn't the greatest but I can live with that.

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with Safari Press in the past, however that was prior to COVID. I will say that there seems to be no problem with Amazon shipping. USPS has had piss poor performance for quite some time but since I keep a P.O. Box, I do eventually get my packages. That can't be said for UPS or Fed-Ex. They just leave packages on the ground out by the gate + I generally never get them.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USPS delivered today. 17 days give or take two.

I have one chapter of African Rifles and Cartridges left. I will then start Hunter. A book I have not read prior and all wanted to read.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Glad they finally arrived. I read Hunter as a kid which started my interest in both Africa and hunting in general.

One of the books in my last order is a copy of Teddy Roosevelt's African Game Trails. I must be one of the few here who up to this point hadn't read it. I'm about halfway through right now.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Roosevelt’s book in my opinion is enjoyable and important to the body of reading. However, the book is dense. I found it was best to taste it, than devour it.

Cancel culture would not appreciate his observations on the aboriginal African. However, the left used the same verbiage to justify leaving Middle East tyrants in place.

I have come to accept both they and President Roosevelt were more correct than not.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll just say he was a man of his time....

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree whole heartedly. He was/is my favorite President.

I have got to handle his 500/450, saw famous 405 rhino in the Smithsonian.

On that end, his statute has been removed by the Smithsonian.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of that. Was there an explanation for the removal?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The statute removed due to colonialism and racism. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...natural-history.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a crock of sxxt! "These are the times that try men's souls."