New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushbuck, Peter Flack
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally arrived and it was worth the wait. If your a fan of Spiral Horns this series is a must. This volume covers the Cape, Limpopo, Chobe, Nile, East African, Abyssinian, Menelik's and Harnessed Bushbucks in an extremely readable and educational manner.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i am curious if the pictures of a 17 1/2" Chobe bushbuck i sent him and his editor got included in the pictures- but not curious enough to buy the book.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Flack's spiral horn series and will no doubt end up with all of them. Flack's book's were inspired by a series of books by Valerius Geist on North American game animals. Geist is a retired wildlife biologist and life long hunter. His writing has more biology, less hunting and are great books to put alongside Flack's.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how expensive is it?

Safari Press got them?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
how expensive is it?

Safari Press got them?

Rich

Depends. I ordered the limited edition and it's $175. That hurt but I want that one. I'm not sure how much the trade edition is...$65?

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will get mine at DSC, hopefully Peter is there to sign it.

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trade edition is available at Safari Press for $75. I heard the limited edition is sold out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by breezy:
The trade edition is available at Safari Press for $75. I heard the limited edition is sold out.

Incredible

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
jdollar

p. 93 shows a 19 5/8" Chobe bushbuck credited to Mark Smith from Moz. in 2006.

Eardley's article on p. 79 has photos and story for my tracker friend, Apie Monti. Good to know his full name, Eardley. Thanks, and I hope he still uses the Xhosa Bible I brought him in 2007. (No wonder he's out of the bushbuck retrieval business!!!) Please tell him "Molo" for me, the crazy Texan in the Blaauwkrantz shirt.

Navaluk

p. 215 shows Scott Olds with 15 1/4" Harnessed from Cameroon. Haven't read the book yet so that's the best I can do.

Barry

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got my limited edition today. It looks awesome.

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Well at least I got a couple of photos and my name in.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:

Congratulations! Which ones?

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1/2 slam:
quote:

Congratulations! Which ones?

Pages 68 [not me, Jokl] and 69

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:

There you are!

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote