Find
Notify
Tools

Ripper Street on BBC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
O.K. this is a good show concerning the peeler detectives of 1889 London in their crime-fighting mode. I really do like the show but that old devil reality creeps on me + I can't watch a show with another who is firearms ignorant. 2 nights ago in a prison break they were using 1897 Winchesters, last night they were using 2nd generation S+W revolvers + Colt New Services. And this was supposed to be 1889, right. It is entertaining though + I will keep watching + keep my mouth shut because no one else cares.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I look at movies and tv shows the same way. One of my favorites are how often revolvers are actually not even loaded. I guess the average viewer doesn't notice the chambers.

My wife just tells me "it's just a show get over it". Roll Eyes

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2788 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the name of the English show on PBS, a dark haired lady socialite in the 1920's running around solving murders armed with a gold plated S&W Chiefs Special that was not invented until 1950.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2263 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That was the "Miss Fisher" series. Also, the next time you watch McClintock; when the Indians are stealing the crates of rifles in the late 1880s, the rifles are Krags. Like I said I've learned to keep my mouth shut. I used to be the guy who would sound off in the theatre as well as the living room about this kind of thing. Nobody really cares though.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote