New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Inscribed to Roy Chapman Andrews
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How much ya'll reckon it would add to the price of a very limited edition (50 copies) hunting book if it was inscribed by the author to RCA?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have no idea who the writer or recipient was. These things make a difference. Just because I am ignorant of these 2 gents does not mean all are. I'm always interested in more info.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I have no idea who the writer or recipient was. These things make a difference. Just because I am ignorant of these 2 gents does not mean all are. I'm always interested in more info.

Roy Chapman Andrews was likely the greatest American explorer of the 20th century, made several expeditions to China and Mongolia and brought out the first fossil dinosaur eggs. Was director of the American Museum of Natural History for almost a decade.

I'm not naming the book until the auction concludes, I learned that lesson the hard way.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCA was the real raiders of the lost arc guy .He was an awesome explorer. HIS books and Osa Johnsons are my favorites.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote