Notify
Tools

A few good books
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Enjoy!

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Wow! Are they yours? I have the Stanleys and Bakers, and reprints of some of the others, but most of these look like firsts. I'm envious! Thanks for sharing.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Fantastic collection and also congratulations on such a tidy set of bookshelves..... most of mine are about 3 deep and I have the devil's own job finding anything!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow
What a great collection !

This are yours ?

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks... Yes, these are on my shelves. Mostly first or early editions.

As my veranda overlooks Lake Victoria, several of these books can look back at their authors' tracks...

"The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" went to Karamoja, it's a special feeling to read the pages while in front of you are the very places and the same people you are reading about!

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, these are on my shelves. Mostly first or early editions.

Lucky Man thumb

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Damn. As I was looking at the photos, I realised that the screen was taking on a green hue. Then it dawned on me, it was a reflection from my face. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful collection.... thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When are you selling your collection Big Grin

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Stick around, when Philip shuffles off, you might get them at a church sale. That is where a number of mine have been found. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stick around, when Philip shuffles off, you might get them at a church sale. That is where a number of mine have been found.

So plenty of time to save money Big Grin

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas