New
Find
Notify
Tools

Start Saving Your Dimes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just scored a pile of books I'll be listing in Classified once they get shipped to me, the highlight is "Elephant and Seladang Hunting in the Federated Malay States" by Hubback as nice as the one Trophy Room has, one or more American Firsts of Stanley, several Boone and Crockett firsts, a signed copy of Keith's "Gun for Company", a Sutherland first and a whole bunch of Amwell Press Limited Editions. All the hunting and Africa exploration titles will be run on AR before they are listed elsewhere, but what I need to know is should I run the Western Americana stuff here?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9551 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I’m drooling...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I’m drooling...

Me too. Did I mention the signed O'Connor and the special numbered #1 set of "The Best of Sheep Hunting"?

Posts: 9551 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just as an idea,I would recommend this site as a starting place. p.M /collectables,r/e !st eds/signed.et. cetr.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Just as an idea,I would recommend this site as a starting place. p.M /collectables,r/e !st eds/signed.et. cetr.

For the ones Trophy Room has I'll just price them about 60-75%, for the rest I'll do the same with ABE Books prices, so where TRB wants $2800 for "Elephant and Seladang Hunting" I'll take $1800-2000 after making sure of condition.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since there doesn't appear to be any interest I'll be pulling the ones I listed and moving them to ebay Sunday night.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Best of luck on your sales. I can not partake at this point due to medical costs but I wish you well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Best of luck on your sales. I can not partake at this point due to medical costs but I wish you well.

I guess I had it backwards, with books of this quality I thought AR first then eBay what didn't sell, instead I'll eBay them first and run the leftovers here.

posted Hide Post
What is your eBay name? I will make sure the follow your listings and hopefully pickup a couple.

Thanks,

Posts: 19 | Location: MI | Registered: 04 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodward Walrus:
What is your eBay name? I will make sure the follow your listings and hopefully pickup a couple.

Thanks,

It's jeff5.

I'll be listing most with the "Best Offer" option, if you send an offer be sure to let me know you're from AR.

One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
Happen to have a copy of “Cairo to Cape: Four Afoot Across Africa”, by Edwin S. George?

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ismith:
Happen to have a copy of “Cairo to Cape: Four Afoot Across Africa”, by Edwin S. George?

No, but I recently saw that Title in an auction I was bidding in, been trying to track down which one since I saw your post but haven't found it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck selling them I am trying.to sell my book collection.of old safari books too .
I keep buying more than I sell .Hopefully I sell off all my extra copies .Auction houses bring deficient prices and you can sell the whole lot of them.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote