New
Find
Notify
Tools

Capstick autographed books
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know what the value of autographed capstick books are .

Posts: 48 | Location: EASTERN CAPE SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 03 February 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The special leather-bound ones? eBay shows they have sold at $60 to $120.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They will only increase in value as time goes on. I have several autographed by Bill Jordan, Jeff Cooper, + many more. I have no intention to sell anytime soon. My kids can. Deceased authors signed works increase daily, especially 1st editions.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That being said, although I love Capstick's books, value wise is not in the same realm of say finding a 1st edition Ruark or the 'grail' of a Hemingway.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it's still there, but several years back, I had a case in Milwaukee and there was a bookstore in the airport. I bought a lot of books there and they had some great first editions behind the counter. I remember seeing a first edition of Horn of the Hunter, but it was too rich for me.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago at the DSC, I found a 1st edition of "Uhuru" in great condition for $40.00. Not signed but I bought it just the same at that price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a buy!

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir! + as it doesn't eat anything, it can set on my shelf until my boys choose otherwise upon my demise when I won't care.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago my ex, who was always looking for vintage furniture deals wanted to peruse the shops with me who had the billfold. She was interested in old furniture , I was not + I learned a long time ago not to be investing in any market you are not familiar with. My point here is that while she was looking at armoires, ad nauseum, I was looking at all the books. I picked up an entire set of 1st editions H.Rider Hagards books for $40.00, also a 1943 copy of "Mein Kampf" for $5.00. I don't need or want to read it but how many English copies were printed in 1943? And Lavaca, you already know my story of buying the entire vintage set of "The Arabiam Nights" all 17 volumes of only 1000 printed in 1886 by Sir Richard Burton. I bought up the set right away at a price that I shall not disclose but when I got home I looked the sets up on the internet, Apparantley, there are NO complete sets for sale anywhere, but broken sets started at $1250.00 + this info was 20 years old.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman,

I'm still interested in that Arabian Nights collection. Maybe we can get together and have a BBQ lunch on me so I can take a look at them.