THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    My first novel published and takes place in Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first novel published and takes place in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted
I am a long time member here in Ar and have worked in the Safari business since 1996 with a focus on Zimbabwe. I was born and live in Maine and still travel to Africa yearly.

Although my novel is fiction, the years of experiences while in Africa is the fuel for many of the events that transpire throughout the novel.
I am excited to share this story with the many Africa enthusiasts here on AR.

The book can be found at the link below on Amazon and many other sites. It is also available in the e-book form on Kindle.

Thanks and I look forward to feedback from many
of you.

https://www.amazon.com/Sibanda...&keywords=tim+farren

Posts: 254 | Location: Maine, USA | Registered: 02 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hi Tim,I like the sound of your book .If I send you funds directly + bypass Amazon can I get a signed 1st. edition? P.M me please.Thanks,.Randy

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
I PM'd you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got your book on kindle. I just came back from Matetsi Area 5 on a non-trophy elephant hunt. Your book sure rings true. This was my second trip to Zim, and things sure aren't looking better. Stayed at the Kingdom in Vic Falls. Next time I'll hole up at Vic Falls Hotel.

Again, great read - thanks.

Posts: 378 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. Have you finished it?
If so would you be kind enough to post a review on Amazon.

Thanks and look forward to hearing some of your feedback. I ran Matetsi Unit 1 for three years. Very familiar with the area.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Got it
Will start reading next week as I need to finish current one
Can’t wait on this one

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Got it
Will start reading next week as I need to finish current one
Can’t wait on this one

Thanks boarkiller. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know your thoughts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,check went out a few days ago. Looking forward to the read.Best.R.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Tim,check went out a few days ago. Looking forward to the read.Best.R.

I will let you know when it arrives and send back out immediately. Thanks again.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Starting tonite
Will report

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Great read Tim
Fast paced and excellent writing
Thanks , I enjoyed it very much

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Great read Tim
Fast paced and excellent writing
Thanks , I enjoyed it very much

Thanks so much for the kind words and thank you for putting on the Africa Hunting section. It is a great compliment and appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,book arrived today. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks,Randy

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
Norman C,

Thanks for letting me know.
I appreciate it and hope you enjoy. If you do please take the time to do a review on Amazon.

Thanks again!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,I'll be glad to. Not doing comparisons but just what I read on the leaf has me thinking in terms of Ruarks "Something Of Value" + beau coup of Wilbur Smith.All of thats good.Just a thought;no conjecture without data.Best,Randy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,I really enjoyed your book.Just finished it today.Got pretty suspenseful toward the end. I won't say any more + ruin it for other readers. Guys,you should all buy this book,I guarantee you won't be able to put it down.

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Tim,I really enjoyed your book.Just finished it today.Got pretty suspenseful toward the end. I won't say any more + ruin it for other readers. Guys,you should all buy this book,I guarantee you won't be able to put it down.

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed it and appreciate you taking the time to read it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT for a great book.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems rather prescient at the moment.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Seems rather prescient at the moment.

I have actually gotten a few calls from the media due to the similarities in the book to the current situation in Zim. I am going on a radio program later this morning to discuss Zimbabwe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim, great book so far. Can't believe how it dovetails with the current situation in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Tim, great book so far. Can't believe how it dovetails with the current situation in Zimbabwe.

Thank you. And yes, I am a little shocked at the similarities and how soon it has come to fruition.

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
Many of you on here bought my first novel, "Sibanda" and provided great reviews. For that, I am extremely grateful.

For those of you interested, my publisher has offered the Kindle version on Amazon in three parts with the first part free.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FIRST novel,eh?Sounds like plans. If you have anything in the works for a second please keep us informed. Best,R.

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
Second one should be out by July. I will keep you posted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,looking forward to it.