THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Dickinson Plantation Double Barrel Shotguns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dickinson Plantation Double Barrel Shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with these shotguns built in Turkey? The reviews on them seem favorable with the possible exception of heavy triggers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not a brand I've seen in the UK. But, yes, we do have Huglu and Yildiz brands. Also Webley & Scott side by sides are in fact, in 2018, Turkish shotguns.

But the bottom line is the quality of the metal. Longevity. Also I'dc check if the stock is held on by a stock bolt (like and O/U) or in the traditional way it's done on a S/B/S.

I'm not saying that you can't bend or set a stock so fixed to the gun. You can. But it's a lot lot easier without the stock bolt.

I'm not sure if much of this helps. But search out Huglu and Yildiz and that might give you an idea. Especially if the Dickinson folk tell you who actually makes them.

There seem to be some reviews of it on other Forums. My own pleasure is either a totally plain shotgun or the full monty with full cover engraving.

I don't like half and half. And that means I don't like boxlock shotguns with side plates or sidelock guns with a part engraved lockplate. Or any side by side with a Deeley edge retainer on the fore end.

So for me a gun has got to be either a totally plain boxlock, or fully engraved (what's called a "best" boxlock) or a full on engraved sidelock. Or a totally plain sidelock. That way it looks like you've made a choice of that style. Half and half means says to all that look that you don't have the money to do it properly.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I believe these are the same as the Kimber Valier of some years ago.