THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    What's a good first side-by-side?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's a good first side-by-side?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
European guns give you more bang for the buck especiallu in 16 ga., lighter and less drop in their stocks better for upland shooting. I have a Bernadelli Hemingway and Webley and Scott I'm going to sell both in 12 ga. I'm a 16 ga. addict.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
... I would go for a miroku sxs...

The Miroku SxS bar-action sidelock with chopper lumps,
was a very well made and great value weapon when released in the 1980s.

they pull extremely good dollars on the used market,.. much much more than they originally cost.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:
35Whelanman,

I too favor .35 cal rifles for hunting and side by side's with double triggers for shotguns!

First find what shells and shot are legal for your area and get a gun that handles them.

Go to the gunshops in your area and handle the shotguns that interest you.

I shot the most pheasants with my 16 ga drilling but here in CT I can't carry a rifle everywhere so I got a 20 ga Bernadelli that's really sweet. Then I lucked into an Ugarthechea 20 ga as well. I am in high clover SXS wise and they hit really well.

With this internet you can shop right now on nets classifieds and auctions.

Here are my 20ga SxS shotguns.

Select a shotgun that you have held up yourself and that fits you!

Don't 'order' one that might fit you!

The Bernadelli is on the left. The Ugartechea is my new favorite. I got it recently for only $400. You don't need to spend $5000! You can get a drilling, shotguns and have money left over for that much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a good looking SXS for only $365 or so.

Side by side double

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your first side X side is an SKB, it's likely also be your last.

Extremely fine guns......and for about $2,500 they should be.

They can be found at www.skbshotguns.com

look hard at the HR models (high rib)

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote