New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on Franchi shotgun
 Login/Join

<Antonio>
posted
I need info on the approximate value of a Franchi 12 Ga o/u shotgun that was built in April 1978 by Luigi Franchi

Its markings are:

SPA L.Franchi
Brescia
Made in Italy
Barrage

Thank you for any clues...

Antonio

one of us
posted Hide Post
Franchi built both an aluminum receiver and a steel receiver model. The aluminum model was really light and handy, but probably won't bring as much as the steel since most people will regard its useful life as shorter.

Pricing used guns, especially those for which the market is "thin" is always an "iffy" proposition. While I regard the Franchi as a quality gun, they did not have widespread usage or much of a chance to earn a reputation (at least in the U.S.) I would think that in good condition your gun would bring between $500 and $1000 USD (most markets in the U.S. -- can't say about Mexico). I know that's a wide range, but it would be pretty hard to narrow it down. You can check www.auctionarms.com or www.gunbroker.com to see if any are listed, which might give you additional information.

Someone with a Blue Book can quote you their prices, but the Blue Book seems much less dependable than just a few years ago, so I don't rely on it very much these days.

[ 07-20-2002, 00:14: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Antonio>
posted
Stonecreek:

Thanks for the info.

I checked the Blue Book before but that particular model is not listed...

Antonio