New
Find
Notify
Tools

red label?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone shoot these things? i have a 1983 20 ga blued like new full/mod. gonna be a gift. b4 we go off on another tangent, yes it locks up fine, no slop when open, rib is solid, not loose. stupid question is, since the safety can be pushed right or left, i am assuming right is for top bbl, left is for bottom? tis a mystery to the great unwashed. thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Gold Label is a solid gun, like all other Rugers. It is heavier and less lively than many other guns in its price range. The sliding safety barrel selector should be marked U (Under) and O (Over) at the side next to the safety. Personally I don't care for the side to side sliding barrel selectors... double triggers are faster, more instinctive, and more reliable. But most O/U makers use the sliding selector.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats what i needed to know about the safety. i wrapped it up b4 i thought to ask here but when he gets it i'll splain it to him thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote