New
Find
Notify
Tools

lefever
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i found in the safe an old two times gun 20 ga lefever ser # S192408. i remember trading something for in the early 80s and sticking it away. my son found it in his safe the other day. funny how that stuff happens. after getting the light surface rust outta the bbls they don't look bad at all. lots of bluing gone. someone way b4 i got had poorly fitted and glued a recoil pad on it and the stock was loose from the receiver, and a smallish piece of stock on top and on each side where the receiver contacts the stock chipped off. so i pried the recoil pad off. it had a homemade square head bolt attaching the stock to the receiver. son said hell its a wall hanger but i wanna shoot/dove hunt with it so everywhere the stock contacts the receiver i relieved some wood and bedded it, tightened the hell outta the bolt, glued the stock back on. gonna put some light dove loads thru it soon. i can't find what the S stands for but the #s indicate a 1925 mfg date. bbl to action is tight, locks up good.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
That’s a very cool story. I’ve been searching for a good American double at a reasonable price. I obviously haven’t found it yet.

Good luck and good shooting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i actually have a pair, a 12 ga also. its in a lot better shape as my other son kept it in a case and never shot but maybe 20 rds thru it total. i got both from the same guy at the same time. don't even remember what i traded or paid for em. gonna break out the 12 ga today and get the ser # off it.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shot 20 ga this afternoon. works like a champ. old recoil pad a little hard. gonna be my go to dove gun i think. cool as hell shooting a 95 yr old shotgun. they were throwing up 4x4 chunks of old wood for targets. hits were easy to see.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
i actually have a pair, a 12 ga also. its in a lot better shape as my other son kept it in a case and never shot but maybe 20 rds thru it total. i got both from the same guy at the same time. don't even remember what i traded or paid for em. gonna break out the 12 ga today and get the ser # off it.

looked it up. 1939. lot better shape than the 20 ga

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
We almost got the set. Need a 410 to complete. Absolutely love the Nitro Specials. I’ve shot a ton of pheasants with the 20g made in 1926. I passed it to my son this year. He put some birds in the bag with it. I been shooting a Fox A made in 1909.

https://www.lefevercollectors....es/production-dates/

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got given a Nitro Special 12 guage but it needs some work before I can get keen about it.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote