Notify
Tools

A.A. Brown and Sons 12 Bore
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted
Good Day Ladies and Gents:

I am looking for information and value on a 12 bore I inherited from my father.

The shotgun is an A.A. Brown and Sons side by side, straight stock, choked full and full. The gun is not one of their newer models.

My father had the gun for thirty years and, he purchased it used.

I've written the company but have yet to receive a response.

Does anyone have knowledge of these guns.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are a quality maker and made guns for Westley Richards in 1970s and 1980s. They have made both plain (unengraved) boxlocks and fully engraved sidelocks.

Can you tell us more about the gun?

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken:

Did A.A. Brown mark the guns they made for Westley Richards in any way? I have a Westley scalloped action BLE from that era and cannot find any markings other than Westley's on it.

Thanks.

Rem

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only information I have is the gun may be marked ABAS. However, some of the selling gunmakers did not want the guns marked in any way.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top end maker box lock or sidelock.

Posts: 81 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
If you email Robin Brown at robin@aabrownandsons.com I would be surprised if you don't get a response to your questions.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote