Find
Notify
Tools

Tristar O/U
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
Has anyone had experience with one? I only have one 12 and it’s a dedicated turkey gun ( 870 with 30” barrel and extra full). All of my other shotguns are 20/28 upland and dove guns. I did shoot pigeons in Argentina with a camp 12 and it was amazing.

I might go duck hunting and this might be a good buy at $400 from GrabAGun. Other than tank jumping, I’ve only done two “real” duck hunts. I was shooting a 20 and knocked them down, but they were not out and caused hell for my lab.

I’d really like to find a 16, but they’re rare and then ammo isn’t cheap. Maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to buy another gun...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot 300 rounds through my friend’s tri star. They are alloy frame and very light. Swings fast. They look chunky, but are so light they swing fine.

I would not put a 3 inch any kind of load in one because they are so light even though they have 3 inch chambers.

He shoots it very well. He is a great shot. At business get togethers he out shoots the more well heeled. They want him and his tri star on the team. He only shoots 1 and 1 1/8 ounce 3 dram or less loads out of it.

The wood is got a glossy, shiny varnish over it.

The trigger is not great, but the man on the gun is most important. It is thingy, thin. I think I could bend it. At its price, you can not complain.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
That good to know. I will also look at the other Turkish brand that seems exclusive to Academy, but the name escapes me now.

I looked it up and Yildiz.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old thread but if you buy one make sure you acquire extra firing pins, FP springs, hammer springs, and sears before the warranty expires.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote