THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Browning BSS Sidelock Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning BSS Sidelock Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a chance to purchase a 12 bore BSS Sidelock 28 inch barrels for $3,500. I was wondering if you gents had any opinions or information on this gun. It appears very few were made. It is choked Mod/Full so I would probably open the chokes some. It also appears unfired. It would be used primarily for upland game. Is this something I should jump on or pass? Thanks.

Posts: 136 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Buy it

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they normally go for $4,700 or so in good shape.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Rugged and smooth swinging shotgun for the money.

Posts: 2503 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy it, do not change the choke since you will destroy the collector value and treat it as an investment. A standard BSS goes for 1200 to 1500, get one of these and shoot it and re choke it since it won't drop the value as much as the side locks

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot one many years ago, and it was a sweet gun. I'd buy one in good shape if it became available near me. As I recall, they listed for around $ 2200 new over 20 years ago, in the Guns and Ammo Annual. You're getting a great price. Good hunting!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote