New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Ga Brass Shot Shells
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need some help. I have some 12 ga brass shot shells and a member on AR would like to purchase them from me. I would like to find out a fair price for them. The shells are in very good condition.

Gracias,
Hoot

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muchas gracias, ahoot

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Here are new, so you know...

https://www.ballisticproducts....productinfo/3921270/

Jiri

Now that's interesting. They have multiple gauges, and I've never seen 36/410 designation before. Nice to learn something new...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Jiri

Now that's interesting. They have multiple gauges, and I've never seen 36/410 designation before. Nice to learn something new...

The 410 would be a 68 gauge if using the same measurement method and nomenclature as for other shotshell gauges.
For reasons nobody knows, the 410 is often referred to as 36 gauge in Europe even though this is incorrect. Perhaps someone didn't do their mathematics correctly when calculating how many lead balls of .410" diameter make up one pound in weight; answer 67.5 or rounded to 68.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Jiri

The 410 would be a 68 gauge if using the same measurement method and nomenclature as for other shotshell gauges.
For reasons nobody knows, the 410 is often referred to as 36 gauge in Europe even though this is incorrect. Perhaps someone didn't do their mathematics correctly when calculating how many lead balls of .410" diameter make up one pound in weight; answer 67.5 or rounded to 68.

Yes, the same stupid math as calling .38 Special 38 or .44 Mag 44 ;-)

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote