New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Skeeters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody used them? Contimplating using the 20ga inserts in my 12ga. What about pattering? Will use for skeet and sporting clays. Pro/cons appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
<chevota>
posted
Aren't those the little sleeves that are only as long as the shell? If so, I thought about trying them for fun until I saw the price. Of course how well would it seal?
Even my Mossberg 12GA with a 10GA bore blows gas seals. I've shot 16 and 20 shells from a 12ga with no modifications, the 16 might kill a bird at close range, the 20 might knock a feather loose. But it was still fun to try!

one of us
posted Hide Post
They work well and do provide a good gas seal. I have a set for 20 in a 16-gauge and 20 in a 12-gauge. Use Remington or Winchester cartridges, as cheaper promotional loads often are difficult to remove from the tubes. Patterns, also, are remarkably good, though I won't use them for rough bird hunting(grouse) with an ejector gun.

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the sleeves are the same length as the barrel. I met a guy at the skeet range about a month ago that had "tubes" for .410, 28, and 20 gauges. $1500 Seems like he said they were made by Briley. You send in your gun, and they are custom fit.

Posts: 109 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wait.... I thought you were talking about the full length tubes. I just figured out that you are talking about a product called "little skeeters". Nevermind my last reply. I've never heard of them.

Posts: 109 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a search for posts by Redleg155. He sells them. (His family is in the business). If you can't find his posts to get his email, I'll look around here, I've got it somewhere....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Briley makes a full length insert for the smaller guages. These are not the same as a sub guage set that the skeet shooters use. Those are made to fit the barrell of the individual gun while these are far less expensive and are more universal as they use rubber rings that seal to the barrell wall of the gun.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote