Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? about Red Labels
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Red Label purchased about 3-4 years ago. It has not been shot very much. Usually a couple of days for dove season and maybe a duck trip once a year (the kind where you shoot about 4-5 times). I have been noticing grease coming from where the barrels meet the receiver.

I thought it would quit after it was fired for a while, but now I am thinking that gas is escaping from this joint. It looks like thick lube that you use on rifle actions when they are stored for a while. I can wipe it off and then it is right back to oozing out after the next shot. Is this normal for R. Labels? At first thought I am thinking the barrels are not matched correctly to the receiver.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hose it down with the new gun cleaner that dosent melt the finish.. then lube it down with CLP break free.... probally??? grease from the action.. or if it bothers you will trade or buy... need another one for dove hunting in texas....

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It won't stop, i have a red label, i've put 5000-6000 rounds throught it and it happens every time.
I was told that this is normal for this gun, but i don;t like it!!!

Posts: 76 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote