THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Winchester 101 chromed barrels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 101 chromed barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to know for sure if the barrels of my Winchester 101 XTR lightweight, Kodensha production has chromed choke constrictions or not. (1/2 -1/1 fitted chokes) I tested with B.C. Permablue solution and the inside of the choke turns blueish, so that would mean bare steel and non chromed. Is there a gunsmith that worked on this barrels and can confirm chromed or non chromed chokes?

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reindeer:
I need to know for sure if the barrels of my Winchester 101 XTR lightweight, Kodensha production has chromed choke constrictions or not. (1/2 -1/1 fitted chokes) I tested with B.C. Permablue solution and the inside of the choke turns blueish, so that would mean bare steel and non chromed. Is there a gunsmith that worked on this barrels and can confirm chromed or non chromed chokes?

The bores are chromed. Are your chokes fixed chokes or screw in chokes because if fixed they will be chromed too. Most screw in chokes are either plain steel or stainless steel. Blue solution will discolour most surfaces to some degree so not always a good test to determine what the surface is.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote